• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

In the week since I last mowed apparently the bees have been busy...got hit in the ankle and nether region earlier today. A dose of whoop ass is forthcoming...

Did someone say whoopass?

Josey_Wales.jpg

Looking like a Ninja, cloaked head to toe with goggles and respirator, I sprayed the base of the telephone pole anchor where the wasps made their nest. As I approached while shooting with my left swollen hand, I popped open the flare (sorry, it was an insecticide fogger - damned flashbacks!) and jammed it into the opening and walked away.

With the anchor, it is not easy to put clear tarps around to seal the entrance. So, tomorrow I will scout the entry and repeat if necessary!

Regards,

Too funny Saul! I hobbled over right before dusk trying to find a clear entry to attack but no joy! I'm sending out another recon mission today to find their weakness...

Mike you can attack in force early dawn as well. Must be very early.

Good luck Saul!

After action report:

One bogey seen trying to alight in the blocked entry to the underground lair. No other movement. Tonight, blockage will be removed and tomorrow another reconnaissance check. May need to repeat or, if only one straggler, call in the sniper.

Regards,

Yeah!!...Good ol' search and destroy mission! :laugh:

Greetings,Ron

Saul try this if you still have problems after the attack :)
geting_falla.jpg

Cut a PET bottle like the picture and then fill the bottom with sugerwater or something sweet, then the wasps climb in but they cant get ot and they drown!
did this with a big nest i had under the roof, in a week all the wasps were gone and the queen starved muahahaha!

I like that Bagge!

They are on the front lawn. Everyone who passes by will see the bottle and try to recycle it! I will need to make a sign.

Regards,

The recycle wasp trap works very well.
Used it also several times.

Only negative thing is,that it also atracks wasps from other nests.
So if the nest what is causing you troubles is 'deleted',throw away your
wasptrap!

http://www.medicalfacts.nl/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/wespenval-plastic-fles-300x225.jpg

Tape the parts together,as seen above,so it will not make a mess when they tip over.
Or use something heavy,like rocks to hold them in place.

Go get them,Saul!!

Greetings,Ron.

So I went to get some ammunition today for my war and the only foggers I saw were for inside use and for bugs other than bees or wasps. So what type of bomb do you guys use?

The same indoor fogger as you found. I bought this for the tactic I used. Otherwise, there is a spray that knocks them down up to 27 feet away.

Regards,

Indoor Fogger??? You guys are playing with them, go ahead and get the industrial stuff and be off with their heads!

Industrial strength under the lawns is not needed. It is the front lawn so the chemical burn will be unsightly.

Regards,

Today is the day. Getting all packed and heading out to The IPMS Nationals in Omaha. Models are selected, the SLT is fixed and registration sheets are filled out. And most important of all....I got my camera and laptop and I try to provide some "live" coverage of the event.

Joe

Have a good time Joe. Terry, Joe Hudson, Dad and some others are suppose to be there.

Back