• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Thanks Guys I now have splinters in my ar.... uhm Posterior and dust in places I did not even know I have places. Ahh this cold one tastes great.

I'm recovering from a long weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This was the weekend for the Brickyard 400. I spent all day yesterday at the track for qualifications and concerts and was there all day today for the race and other activities. We had passes for a garage area tour and access to the track and pit area before the race. Just over 700 photos for the weekend, so many RAW images to process. Thankfully I didn't get sunburned or suffer any heat related problems. All in all, a great weekend. :dude

Hmm right after work yesterday had to go and rescue oldest boy. His quad flipped on him. He's okay, just a muscle relaxant in the butt and nothing broken. Went and checked on him today and did shopping. Came home and just started modeling and then the oldest cat in the family passed away. So off to the vet to have her body put on ice till they can cremate her. Wife's taking it hard and I dont feel like modeling today. Wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Sorry to hear about your cat,James! :( It's always hurting if
a pet animal dies.
My condolences.

Greetings,Ron.

Sorry to hear about your cat James...never good to lost a loved pet :(

Well...just got back from a week up north having my mom spoil my kids. My wife redid my 8 year old girl's room while we were gone so that was a great surprise for her to return to.

While we were up there, I tackled another couple of High Peaks with my uncle. Here in the Adirondacks of upstate NY are 46 high peaks (peaks that are over 3800') and my uncle Jim finished climbing all 46 last summer to become a "46er"...I climbed my first two last year and added Cascade and Porter on Thursday...I'll add some pics a bit later.

Today I am recovering from yesterday's ground wasp attack. Stung my ankle, simple itching and localized swelling, and my hand...
July1213.gif

looks like Mr. Krabs' claw! Extremely swollen and painful that I had to take two Benadryl tablets, apply Benadryl topical agent (mostly for my ankle) and take Ibuprofin!

Since it is against the law to pour gasoline into the ground (what most people seem to suggest) I have bought room nebulizers of insecticide. Tonight I shall exact my revenge by covering that section of the lawn with translucent plastic (shower curtain liners) and shoving the nebulizer into the entry hole. Repeat tomorrow if I see any activity below the plastic.

I wil try to sit at the workbench a little but the Benadryl is making me drowsy.

Regards,

Local home stores have Wasp WMD with range enough to reach out and touch them. I had a nest that had a hole that was about 6 inchs dia, to watch them you would see hundreds of yellowjackets flying in and out at any given time. I applied a liberal dose of said WMD from about 5 feet away at dusk. Emptied the bottle actually. Next moring I hit it again. No more yellowjackets.

The only difference is that these are in the ground :(

I have the same WMD which claims to knock them down up to 27 feet away.

Regards,

Back in NC we once had a nest wake up at a fire circle in January! I hate those little buggers with a passion- nail 'em, Saul!

The only difference is that these are in the ground :(

I have the same WMD which claims to knock them down up to 27 feet away.

Regards,

Makes no difference, soak them! That's where the ones I had were, and still are, deep in the ground. :evil:

Geeze Saul, take it easy man. Hope you eradicate the buggers.
James

Thanks to the Benadryl, I had a nap. It will be fun to get rid of them.

Regards,

Dang, Saul, get better fast!! WMD the $%#@&*^ to death!!! As they say "Death Before Dishonor!!!"

Trying to stay cool. It hit 108 degrees F today. :eek:hmy:

Tony lee

Back