• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Albatross DVa toast

Albatross DVa

I haven't been keeping up with this one but it's looking great James (y) (y) don't be so hard on yourself !

Albatross DVa

I'll try and get a better pic of the problem. Not that it matters anymore. Couldnt sleep so did some more work. Got the guns done and mounted, the plate covering the fore cocpit, primed the exhaust ect. Then later on this morning glued the top wing to the center struts. Figured this would be the best way. Later on when all is set glue the outer struts. Somehow the right center snapped. So will wait and see what can be done, but just no longer interested. Feel like a bull in a china shop.

DSC03601.JPG

DSC03600.JPG

DSC03599.JPG

DSC03598.JPG

DSC03597.JPG

Just very disappointed right now.

James

Albatross DVa

Dang James, sorry. Let it rest and get that strut fixed, should be pretty simple fix. :zen

Albatross DVa

Really a sharp looking plane! Don't give up the ship yet. You're too close to the end to stop now.

Terry (y)

thCA170DQB.jpg

Gremlins strike again!

Albatross DVa

That's just too cool to shelve James, can you get a small drill to add a pin into that broken strut?

Albatross DVa

hanks guys. Havent given up yet, just not happy with the outcome. Of course that could be the pain talking or just because I've been up since 2 or 3. Cant fit a pin in, the struts are too thin and with the wings on there is no clearance. Will work on the prop a while and exhaust and then come back to it. In the meantime researching the next model. WWII FAA Corsair 1.
James

Albatross DVa is toasted

Well tried to fix the strut. It would not meet, so I glued the outer struts thinking this would help align things. The wing would not align and struts kept popping out. Got the outer struts done finally and both of the center struts snapped. And I was being really delicate. So this is now garbage. I am totally ticked off. This is fit wise the worst WNW kit I have done. It will fit, but not like their later kits. Also this is the worst one I have done for extra fragile parts. From the seat mount to the struts. I dont think I will even bother trying another. :bang head :bang head :bang head :vmad
James

Albatross DVa is toasted

This is fit wise the worst WNW kit I have done. /.../ Also this is the worst one I have done for extra fragile parts.

Well, once must be "the first time", now I know that modeling is not a bed of roses - head up, with your skills it's only a slight turbulence on the way to become a successful :good:

Albatross DVa On hold.

Okay after stepping away from this for a few days I went and took a look. I have removed the top wing and the center cabanes. I will have to clean up the mounting points a bit, but that will have to wait for a while. To scratch the itch to build I followed some good advice and pulled out something simple. Once I have finished this BV 40, and the Corsair that should arrive Monday, I will come back to this and rob some struts from one of my other Albies and try again. Maybe things will work better.
James

Albatross DVa

hanks guys. Havent given up yet, just not happy with the outcome. Of course that could be the pain talking or just because I've been up since 2 or 3. Cant fit a pin in, the struts are too thin and with the wings on there is no clearance. Will work on the prop a while and exhaust and then come back to it. In the meantime researching the next model. WWII FAA Corsair 1.
James

Shalom James.

Why not notify WnW and ask for new struts?

Cheers

Albatross DVa

James

Shalom James.

Why not notify WnW and ask for new struts?

Cheers

I asked about a new belly panel for my Fokker DVII. It would be $20.00 plus $20.00 shipping. I will probably rob a kit if I try this again.
James

Albatross DVa

Zero Bob. One is a Fokker part and the others Albatross ;) The Fokker will go ahead as I am now decaling the top wing. I'll figure a way ahead.
James

Back