• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Albatross DVa toast

Albatross DVa

Well got up really early and filled and sanded the fuse. Laid on some semigloss black toned down with flat skintone (Thanks Laura). Not too bad looking.

DSC03566.JPG

DSC03567.JPG

DSC03565.JPG

Too bad I was silly enough to paint the horizontal stabs backwards. Next thing is to repaint them and finish the engine. Paint the red nose and then start joining all the assemblies.
JAmes

Albatross DVa

(y) (y) (y)
i can see you are really hooked on these WnW kits :)
Great job on this one James!
//Mats

Albatross DVa

Bit more done. Almost screwed up the engine tonight, and I marred the paint. Engine will be okay, paint I will touch up tomorrow or later this week.

DSC03577.JPG

DSC03576.JPG

DSC03575.JPG

Comments welcome.
James

Albatross DVa

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, looks like you're getting this one whipped. (y)

Albatross DVa

Has a really 'sinister' vibe to it.... adds to the appeal wouldn't you say (y)

Ian

Albatross DVa

Hi James

Beautiful work as always, I remember you showing me the kit as it had the old imperial flag in the decal sheet. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

James :snoopy

Albatross DVa

Despite some wicked pain got the engine done, some rigging on the landing gear (looks horrible) and the engine covers on. Getting very close now.

DSC03595.JPG

DSC03594.JPG

DSC03593.JPG

DSC03592.JPG

James

Back