• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Albatross DVa toast

jknaus

Administrator
Albatross DVa

Well here I go again. starting another kit. This time it is

Albatros%20D.Va,%20Max%20Nather,%20Jasta%2062,%20mid%201918%20(26%20victories)..jpg

Leutnant Max Näther of Jasta 62 with 26 kills. He was in command of a Squadron at 18 years of age and the war ended just before the application for his Blue Max could be approved. WNW has updated this picture as the instructions do not show the red cowl. I like it so that is what I will do. The flag is the Imperial German Flag. Some pics when there is something to see.
James

Albatross DVa

Hi James. I like the looks of this one.

Hopefully you'll get them all finished . . . . Sometimes :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Albatross DVa

Hi James. I like the looks of this one.

Hopefully you'll get them all finished . . . . Sometimes :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

I'm hoping Chris. Have to see if I can a replacement part for the Eindecker and hoping WNW's might be nice enough to give me a replacement belly panel for the Fokker DVII. They havent said anything yet. Those 2 are getting closer to done.
This one should be easy after the cockpit, just the rigging to be worried about.
James

Albatross DVa

They better treat you good. You have to be one of their biggest supporters.

Rigging is demanding . More so every year that goes by.

Cheers, Christian B)

Albatross DVa

One day off doesnt seem like enough time and so modeling is cut down. Did some painting today and got some frame work in.

DSC03543.JPG

DSC03544.JPG

James

Albatross DVa

Looking good, James! I'd say that's my favorite to date. Do you get wafers with it?

(y)

Albatross DVa

That's looking flashy, James! (y) These are perking my interest, then I come to my senses. :laugh:

Albatross DVa

Starting to look good James (y)

Boy, your building space looks as insane as mine :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Albatross DVa

Watching closely, James. One day... one day, I've promised myself I'll build a DVII or a 'Dreidecke'. In the meantime I'm paying very close attention to this

:popcorn

Ian

Albatross DVa

Not sure I like this kit as much as some of the later offerings. But it is still very nice. Got some more done. Wings just sitting right now so I could see. Cockpit stuff is burried and very hard to see on this a/c.

DSC03564.JPG

DSC03563.JPG

Engine bay is rough, but it will be buttoned up so not too concerned.

DSC03560.JPG

DSC03562.JPG

DSC03561.JPG

James

Albatross DVa

Thanks guys. I really like the Fokker DVII for building. But I think my fav has got to be the Pfalz, followed by the Rolland. Once this is done I only have 1 more Albatross V and one VB left and then a couple of P{falzs and another Roland and another one and a half Fokker DVII's and..... to do.

James

Back