• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AIRFIX 1/72 Bf 110 C-2

Looking good so far . Very nice decals for Airfix (y)

Glad you got you tub fixed . Had a similar problem in my 1940 house but lead was involved so we just sealed that one and ran a new line in the basement .

Call rhino , he's a plumber :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Once again Thanks you guys.

Had some time tonight, so I started on a panel line wash. nothing spectacular to look but it does break up the color.
Bf%20110%20003_3.jpg

Bf%20110%20004_1.jpg

Bf%20110%20005_2.jpg

Bf%20110%20006_2.jpg

Bf%20110%20007_1.jpg

That's all I got for now, waiting for things to dry. Then it's on to the landing.
Getting closer to call this one done.
Thank for looking.

I fought the hardwood monster today.....and I WON!!! :fencing

I started building up the landing gear this morning. They consist of the main struts, oleo scissors, retraction struts and a drag link plus some kind of open sided oval that looks like two Js connected end to end. Aside from all of these parts being extremely thin and fragile, they is tiny!

One of the double j looking things took flight, right off the end of my tweezers! I did all the standard search and rescue procedures, even used a cloth on a stick to reach under some furniture. BTW my build area is hardwood. As bad as carpet in that anything that gets dropped or launched tends to bounce... alot! Get this, I even had my wife on all fours looking for it. (keep those comments to yourselves, gentlemen). :evil:

Short ending. I bent a piece of wire to match the lost part glued it on with a dab of CA, and resigned to repaint the strut. Shorter ending! FOUND IT. replaced the replacement, and all's right with my little bit of the world. Pics tomorrow.

Must have good karma up in dem'dar hills. :zen

:popcorn

Here I thought everybody knew this :idonno

Fastest way to find a part is to scratch a brand new replacement one :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

That doesn't always work. I've got several models with (poorly) scratchbuilt parts on them and the originals are still AWOL.

And I've also had my wife down on all fours looking for parts too. Sad thing is, she's always the one who finds them! Or that could be a good thing... except it's a rare event when she helps that way.

Congrats on the added progress.

Must have good karma up in dem'dar hills. :zen

:popcorn

Here I thought everybody knew this :idonno

Fastest way to find a part is to scratch a brand new replacement one :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

That doesn't always work. I've got several models with (poorly) scratchbuilt parts on them and the originals are still AWOL.

And I've also had my wife down on all fours looking for parts too. Sad thing is, she's always the one who finds them! Or that could be a good thing... except it's a rare event when she helps that way.

Congrats on the added progress.

Option two would be to recruit the cat to help you look . The trick is to retrieve the part before he chews it up .

The_hunt_is_on_002.JPG

lizzard_002a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

LOL! a tabby retriever. :woohoo:

The end of this saga is such. Part lost.... replacement scratched ( a less than perfect facsimile ).... part found....

2 pics tells the whole story

Bf%20110%20002_5.jpg
Bf%20110%20004_2.jpg

Bf%20110%20004_2.jpg

A little touch up with some paint and hopefully by the end of the week I can call it done.

Progress looking good. I've also had my cat help me find parts. Never had to worry about her trying to chew them up, she just came over and looked at whatever fell where it fell so I knew exactly where to pick it up. Very helpful.

Keep plugging man, this is looking good.

Not sure what to call them but they are part of the door closure mechanism .

They snag something on the way up and pull the doors to :pilot

Cheers, Christian B)

Not sure what to call them but they are part of the door closure mechanism .

They snag something on the way up and pull the doors to :pilot

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian. I kinda figured thats what they were for. They are a real PIA I'll tell you that.

On a brighter note..... The landing gear is installed! It took me about an hour for each side. I set them in place with PVA so I could get everything lined up. The PVA held it all together but let me adjust the angles till things were where they were supposed to be. The rear attachment point is very shallow so you really have to fiddle with things to get it right. After I was satisfied with parts placement I backed up the glue joints with a tiny drop of CA, which I let sit for a few seconds and then wicked off the excess with a tiny piece of tissue.
CHARMIN to be exact!
Bf%20110%20003_4.jpg
Bf%20110%20001_4.jpg
Bf%20110%20002_6.jpg

Well boys that's all I got for tonight.

Back