• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AIRFIX 1/72 Bf 110 C-2

AIRFIX 1/2 Bf 110 C-2

Too bad they don't do more US Birds

From the outset, Airfix prided themselves on the truly International aspect of their range of kits. Even now there's so many aircraft types that only Airfix have issued especially in 1:72 and their excellent 1:144 airliner series.

Their joint priorities since their 'rebirth' have been issuing wholly new subjects never before kitted (the 1:48 Javelin & Sea Vixen for example) and taking some of most popular subjects from their past and completely revising them, hence the Bf110, the MiG 15 the Blenheim etc.

There will be more American subjects, but my guess would be that they'll likely do kits that from the back-catalogue tha haven't been superseded yet by other model manufacturers... The Grumman Duck, Cessna O-1 & O-2 or Vought Kingfisher immediately spring-to-mind.

Give them time, but remember they are British ;)

Ian. (also British :blush: ).

AIRFIX 1/2 Bf 110 C-2

Trust me I know Ian ..... the main problem I find in Britain was getting past the Pub door in the evenings ..... I really can't remember How I survived my trips over there ..... :eek:ldguy I do hope they get to it in my lifetime ..... :pilot :eek:ldguy

AIRFIX 1/2 Bf 110 C-2

Too bad they don't do more US Birds

From the outset, Airfix prided themselves on the truly International aspect of their range of kits. Even now there's so many aircraft types that only Airfix have issued especially in 1:72 and their excellent 1:144 airliner series.

Their joint priorities since their 'rebirth' have been issuing wholly new subjects never before kitted (the 1:48 Javelin & Sea Vixen for example) and taking some of most popular subjects from their past and completely revising them, hence the Bf110, the MiG 15 the Blenheim etc.

There will be more American subjects, but my guess would be that they'll likely do kits that from the back-catalogue tha haven't been superseded yet by other model manufacturers... The Grumman Duck, Cessna O-1 & O-2 or Vought Kingfisher immediately spring-to-mind.

Give them time, but remember they are British ;)

Ian. (also British :blush: ).
Well they are bringing out an Wildcat (Chefs pre ordered 5 I hear) and a Kate with a wingfold (In 1/72 :woohoo: ) later this year

Ps sorry for the Hijack :blush:

Im getting some paint shot on this weekend. The underside blue is done and masked off, and a coat of RLM 70 is drying. maybe I can get to the splinter masking tomorrow.

holdens%20airplane%20007.jpg

Thanks fellas, I appreciate your encouragement.
I got a little more painting done today. Masking off and spraying the splinter pattern. Lotsa fun and even in 1/72 a butt load of masking tape.

Bf%20110%20009.jpg

Bf%20110%20008.jpg

Bf%20110%20005.jpg

Bf%20110%20011.jpg

now to let all this get good and dry, then hit it wit some Future. I know the name changed; but it'll always be Future to me!

Anyhow thanks for looking and commenting......

Thank you sirs.

Got a couple of coat of Future sprayed on earlier in the week so now she's nice and dry. Have some errands to run today but I do hope to get some decals started later today or tomorrow.

Bf%20110%20001_1.jpg

Back