• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AIRFIX 1/72 Bf 110 C-2

dollar19

I'm going to join in with this little beauty. It's been in the stash for a couple years. One of my daughters gave it to me as a Christmas present. So I guess I'd better build it! Seeing all the 109s getting attention this should add a little randomness to the mix. Many years ago I was itching to get the Gigant when Testors released it but passed. So I'm really excited to see one finally getting built.

Any hoo, here's the usual start up pics.

Bf110003.jpg

Bf110004.jpg

Bf110005.jpg

Bf110007.jpg

I'm going oob with this with maybe a little scratch here and there. I'm also going with the box art, I'm not ready to tackle a white washed winter scheme yet. Any one got any 72nd scale swastikas to trade for the other half of this decal sheet?

AIRFIX 1/2 Bf 110 C-2

Cool project! I have some 1/72 swastikas off some Microscale sheets if you want a couple sets; just PM me your address and I will send them out to you.
Ernie

AIRFIX 1/2 Bf 110 C-2

The Fuhrer will be pleased that more than Me109's are showing up for the party. Well done (y)

AIRFIX 1/2 Bf 110 C-2

I built this kit a while back, it was very nice the only thing that gave me some trouble was the shark mouth decal. Will be watching Dollar!

AIRFIX 1/2 Bf 110 C-2

Last year, a mate of mine down here built this same kit after a hiatus caused by a back injury. He reckoned it was one of the most satisfying builds he'd ever done. I saw the model at the show a couple of months back and it is superb.

I think you've made a great choice $19.00 !!

Ian.

AIRFIX 1/2 Bf 110 C-2

I actually got some progress to report and some piccys too!
IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

Obviously the cockpit is assembled and installed. Didn't do much there, some tissue seat cushions and tape for belts and harnesses. Canopy is all one piece so not much will show.
Got the wings on and I have to say this is one of the tightest fits I've ever had. I ended up carving plastic off of the fuselage and lower wing just to get them to mate. when I add the the upper wings the litterally snapped in place. No wing root seam to fill or sand!

Im gonna try to say more current here, work has been crazy the last few weeks. That and shovelling snow!! :yipee

AIRFIX 1/2 Bf 110 C-2

Hey Greg, looks good, nice job on the wing root, don't you love it when they mate right! (y)

AIRFIX 1/2 Bf 110 C-2

I actually got some progress to report and some piccys too!
IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

Obviously the cockpit is assembled and installed. Didn't do much there, some tissue seat cushions and tape for belts and harnesses. Canopy is all one piece so not much will show.
Got the wings on and I have to say this is one of the tightest fits I've ever had. I ended up carving plastic off of the fuselage and lower wing just to get them to mate. when I add the the upper wings the litterally snapped in place. No wing root seam to fill or sand!

Im gonna try to say more current here, work has been crazy the last few weeks. That and shovelling snow!! :yipee
Looking great :popcorn

AIRFIX 1/2 Bf 110 C-2

Yup thinking about it ....... :eek:ldguy also .... nice work and looks like Airfix has some great quality in there kits ..... Too bad they don't do more US Birds ..... (y)

AIRFIX 1/2 Bf 110 C-2

yep the bar has been raised.And I agree with you about adding more US aircraft to their stable. I'm just happy that what they do offer is so affordable. Albeit some trade off in detail and marking choices, but still quiet a bang for the buck. I remember snubbing my nose at Airfix kits unless that was the only option available.

Back