• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Aircraft at Sea

I know I have a Navy F-4 Phantom on the unfinished shelf that Ed would love to see finished ... I'm putting in a legends Pit ... I've re-scribed the wings & stabilizers and also bought Navy tires ... it was the Monogram ShowTime 100 Mig Killer Kit ... I luv that bird ... :pilot ... but during the War I was Air Force ... :pilot

Yeppers :D I did Showtime 100 & if I recall right you were going to do a VF-41(?) off Saratoga. Yeah, ya gotta admit that was a challenge, cutting up a perfectly good kit just to install the Legend pit!! :frantic then having to rescribe since the pit has recessed lines :facepalm

No I was going to do Showtime 100 but you beat me too it ... and I had to pick another aircraft to switch to ... So since I was building the Saratoga ... in the Flattop build I picked one of Sara's AC ... the VF-41 ... and had to change the whole thing ... My 1st foray into re-scribing a model kit which I was just a OOB before ... Now I can't do anything without modifying it ... :woohoo:

I'm thinking Sea Dart ... :pilot

https://youtu.be/SOrj2cSDO-M

Ok so if this is Aircraft that operate from the sea ... as the title suggests ... this is the one for this campaign ... I haven't ordered it yet ... but I will if it is a true Aircraft at sea ... which looks purdy much at sea to me ...

Decision time again :hmmm

h1ca8a25.jpg

hf5e387d.JPG

Well as it's a 12 month Campaign, possibly both.

Ian.

Harrier first... that's very do-able.

h84a2004.jpg

Bought the decals to do this one in the later overall Gunship Grey scheme. What do you think ??

Ian.

I really need to get the Hasegawa 48 one because I have the decals of the Wake Island Avengers that needs to be used

I got a Hellcat to do. If I haven't already stated it. I'll be sure to paint the inside of the cowl this time. :bang head

I'm thinking Sea Dart ... :pilot

https://youtu.be/SOrj2cSDO-M

Ok so if this is Aircraft that operate from the sea ... as the title suggests ... this is the one for this campaign ... I haven't ordered it yet ... but I will if it is a true Aircraft at sea ... which looks purdy much at sea to me ...

The Sea dart . A very interesting aircraft concept ....Only to have ( I think ) two aircraft built .

Unsuccessful trials and development therefore none were ever used . Probably would fit under X planes pretty much like the B-70.

There is one example outside the Navy museum on a stick .

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey, since the time changes tonight , can we post the start up now :rotf Just saying :idonno

Thanks Dave. Looks nice :good:

any chance I could jump into this one? I have an S3-A that's begging for some attention. And an Sea Hawk, and an F4F and a F6F and an A4 and a Sea King and a Sea Stallion French Navy UH 34. I gotta get some of these built before the end of this century! :laugh:

Back