• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Aircraft at Sea

Should we combine this campaign with this one? :idonno

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/campaign-hq/77261-tailhook-campaign-5-on-board?limitstart=0&start=96

Had twelve sign up for it.

Pickup a couple navy planes a while ago. I'll do either campaigns

Well, let's see. we got 9 votes here... I can enter either or both with what I have in the stash... :hmmm

Same with me I have quite a few naval options.

Was thinking a year long build to start early next year.

Surprised it's taken so long to get ten votes :hmmm - anyhoos, I have so many to choose from but my project is likely to be something quite contemporary...

...or a Phantom :good:

Ian.

There you go....11

Tons of models to choose from....Hellcat.....Dauntless(s)......corsairs.....Bearcats.....Tigercat....Cougar...Skyraider.....

;)

I'm not voting on any campaigns right now, I'm way over committed now, or need to be committed... :woohoo:

I do have another Hellcat from Eduard that needs to be built. :hmmm

I'm not voting on any campaigns right now, I'm way over committed now, or need to be committed... :woohoo:

Well we got a year so what the hey.

:dude

I'm sure several of us could/ should be committed :eek:hyeah :drinks

Well the Sea Dart will be an easy build ... Braille scale ... but the Tomcat is a 1/48 Academy ... :woohoo: :pilot :woohoo:

... but the Tomcat is a 1/48 Academy

I've built that kit (long time back), it's almost identical to the old Monogram kit but with engraved panel lines. You will need some PSR around the engine to fuselage joints and the glove pylons are a real PITA, but the pit is excellent and the overall 'sit' is very good.

If you're planning to 'open the lid' I'd consider some etch for the latches as they're very prominent.

Enjoy it.

Ian.

Thanks Ian ... I ordered it for a build on another forum don't know if I order extra stuff or not ... Guess I'll cast an eye ... :ro: :dude ... I'm still working on getting better at what I do ... I bought the kit because I was re-scribing a F-4 ... One of my birds I really love ... :pilot

Should we combine this campaign with this one? :idonno

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/campaign-hq/77261-tailhook-campaign-5-on-board?limitstart=0&start=96

Definitely, let's simplify this like we did with Phil & my suggestions for a recce campaign last year. If we can get them merged it will bring together all the thoughts, strands, suggestions and enthusiasm in one place.

On a personal note, I'd prefer to see this as a nine or twelve month Campaign, but I'll go with the flow.

Ian.

If everything went with the flow, there would be no more Salmon.

Let's go with a longer time frame and I'll join.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back