• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Aircraft at Sea

It's wide open Greg, git'er done. :pilot

Someone has to do a Wildcat. :good: :tomato

Well Bob my Wildcat kit is the old Academy boxing. 35 pieces in the box. 1987 copyright on the box. Really simple build but still looking the part from what I can tell of the sprues.Almost no pit to speak of a seat and pilot figure, and a gaping hole in the landing gear bay.
This could be a sweet little scratch project though. Build up some pit detail and then go ape crap with the wheel well and engine accessory area. That quicksand territory as you well can attest.

Or I could just build as is and throw in the Hellcat as an also ran. or shelve both and do some thing else? Hell I don't know. after the 8 or 9 pages of everyone trying to figure out what a navalized aircraft is or could be this should be an easy decision.

Or I could just build as is and throw in the Hellcat as an also ran. or shelve both and do some thing else? Hell I don't know. after the 8 or 9 pages of everyone trying to figure out what a navalized aircraft is or could be this should be an easy decision.

No kidding. :rotf

Do the Sea King, and be sure to pull out the blue tarp to put under your glass table on the deck for photo time. :coolio :skipper

It's wide open Greg, git'er done. :pilot

Someone has to do a Wildcat. :good: :tomato

Well Bob my Wildcat kit is the old Academy boxing. 35 pieces in the box. 1987 copyright on the box. Really simple build but still looking the part from what I can tell of the sprues.Almost no pit to speak of a seat and pilot figure, and a gaping hole in the landing gear bay.
This could be a sweet little scratch project though. Build up some pit detail and then go ape crap with the wheel well and engine accessory area. That quicksand territory as you well can attest.

There used to be some after market for the Wildcat . They are in mine . Cockpit, wheel well, canopy and even some flaps ( which I did not use ) Just a thought .

Cheers, Christian B)

I'll probably get in on this one after I get my feet wet w/ RECON. But what to choose...Do I go with one from the current stock, 1/72 A-6E (VA-95 Op Praying Mantis), 1/72 Tomcat? Or do I follow the itch and get in over my head and snag Kinetic 1/48 EA-6B (done up in VAQ-135 trim of course :good: ). Decisions, decisions.

First priority...get the Blackbird done! :soldier

PS. I just noticed...I'm not biased towards the "Ironworks" am I? (y)

I want to participate in this. I am waiting to see what the cost and availability of the upcoming 1/48 scale Kinetic SU-33 is going to be before I commit.

If not, I may still jump in with an F9F Panther. I have always thought that was a neat plane since I saw it in that classic movie, The Bridges at Toko-Ri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF-SC-9b7tc

Looking at joining later on with either an EA-6B or a F-14A.

Something that may affect the decision would be if the F-14 is ineligible due to bags being opened. The parts were un-bagged, washed, and have been sprayed in primer. I realized I wasn't going to have time for it, so it got boxed back up (over a year ago). Nothing has been assembled or painted yet (I don't think anything has even been taken off the trees).

I would think it would be ok, but figured I would get verification before I go any farther with it. If not, no biggie, I'll just run w/ the Prowler.

Cheers.

I have a Grumman "Goose" JRF-5 by Signifer in 1/48 scale which has been in my kit stash for years, its time it was built.

Due to recent events, this campaign will be getting bumped in front of Pearl & Gulf War. Once I get the eggplane off the bench, I'll be entering this with a 1/48 RA-5C Vigilante (squadron undecided) in honor of Hippy. The kit should be arriving to the hangar bay this Friday. :bat

Back