• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adam Baker at Pegasus Hobbies

Duke Maddog

Hey everyone!

Adam is back home now, but we had a great meet. I took him to Pegasus Hobbies and he was quite surprised at the size of the place and the well-stocked shelves. Here we are at the doors:

Adam_Baker_Pegasus_Hobbies.JPG

Geez, we could almost be twins! :blink :blush:

Anyway, we took a look at all the models. I found Larry, the owner of Pegasus Hobbies and introduced Adam to him and we had an awesome chat. Larry was kind enough to show us the test shots for the new Nautilus model from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and he even allowed us to photograph them.

I'll see if it's okay to post them for you. He did say that it was going to be in 1/72 scale, and he has an awesome display base for this model. He says they should be out in March; I can't wait to get one!

Anyway, Adam will probably be on here shortly with some shots he took of the hobby shop, as well as other pics. Meanwhile, enjoy!

It is great to see that shop still around. Is Rob Bowman
( I think that is his name) still working there?

Man oh man, that place was amazing, and I only had time to see less than 1/3 of it!! I could definitely get into a whole lot of trouble in there, that's for sure.

Here are some of the pictures I took.

This is the first aisle that's visible as you walk in. Model rockets are down the left side. Down the right side, behind the counter are all the paints they've got. They had 8 or 9 different brands of paint available, it was a very impressive selection.

DSC02172_zps442c58f8.jpg

The next aisle is the car section.

DSC02171_zpsc952fcb3.jpg

Next was more cars, as well as motorcycles and some other assorted stuff I cant remember

DSC02173_zpsa10c74e1.jpg

Then aircraft, lots of aircraft!

DSC02174_zps6441da98.jpg

And finally the armor section. I think there were 2 aisles of armor.

DSC02175_zps2b25b17f.jpg

DSC02178_zpsa4cd84b9.jpg

And a couple shots of the display cases they have

DSC02176_zpsd43022dc.jpg

DSC02177_zpsde6eb7bf.jpg

The far wall that's visible I wasn't able to get shots of, but its jam packed w/ stuff. Its by far the largest amount of aftermarket parts of all genre's that I've ever seen anywhere. The wall is covered w/ sliding panels, 4 layers deep, of different stuff, it was just amazing. And then all the short cabinets were jam packed w/ stuff as well.

And like Mark said, they had the test shots of the new Nautilus, the detail was just amazing. I've got about a half a dozen shots of it, that I'll post up when Mark gets the OK. It sounds like its going to be a little pricy, and somewhere around 60-70 dollars, but I think it would be worth it for the level of detail on the kit.

For anyone that is in the LA area, this shop is a must visit.

It was great meeting you in person Mark, I really enjoyed it!

Great pics Adam! The assorted stuff you have across from the motorcycles and cars is Sci-Fi models. They have an entire shelf for space and Sci-Fi models, many of which are theirs. The showcases are displaying all their products that they sell for modelers and wargamers. Speaking of wargamers, on one shelf and along another back wall are fidures and accessories for wargamers, both Sci-Fi and historical. One shelf is filled with 1/72 scale figure sets ranging from Biblical troops to modern day while the back wall has buildings, bases, diorama/wargame table accessories and structures.

It is great to see that shop still around. Is Rob Bowman
( I think that is his name) still working there?

Pegasus is still going strong. Every weekend they have R/C car races on a dirt track out in back of the store, weather permitting (which it does most of the time!) I don't know if Rob is still there; we didn't see him on this trip.

:yipee Woo Hoo ! Good to hear there are still some hobby shops to visit . (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Christian, this is one of seven Hobby Shops within thirty minutes driving time from my house. Two others; Tony's Hobbies and Toys and Brookhurst Hobbies are close to the size of Pegasus in model selection. Brookhurst also has about five different brands of paint to choose from as well as the same amount of tools and supplies. So does Tony. The other four shops are a bit smaller; two of them could fit in Pegasus' model section alone. However, they also have excellent selections of models tools and paints, albeit not as extensive as the larger shops.

Anyone wishing to come out here, let me know. I'll be willing to show you all the hobby shops around my place!

Now I know what modeling heaven looks like :woohoo:

Oh yeah! And as I mentioned above, I have six more of these slices of heaven to visit anytime!

Dang wish I had a hobby shop around here like that. The closet hobby shop to me is 130 miles away and all I ever buy there is paint and supplies. Their model selection is terrible.

Back