• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A couple of things I have been working on

Paulw

Among the collection of unfinished kits, Avenger not with standing, I started a couple of more that will in most probability
get finished. Simple kits and subjects I really like. Tamiya"s 48 scale Me 262 with kettenkraftrad and Hasegawa's 32 P-26.

The 262 is coming along nicely, Perfect fit and I am surprised how quickly it had been coming along.

The P-26 is so far doing the same. I had to get the yellow for the wings and the tail plains close to the same shade as the decals. I have always thought this plane to be one of the most colorful there were.

My thanks to Fermis for the P-26 and to the fellow at the Oklahoma City Soonercon show where I got the 262 and a couple of others for the grand total of $25.00.

Nice work on the Tamiya Me 262 so far, this is a great kit to build and one of Tamiya's best IMHO.

Matrixone

Looking good Paul!

i always think of the 262 as being narrow but it was quite wide in the body wasn't it?

I'd like to build the 2-seater night fighter someday!

Just to show that I have been doing something I'll post some pics.
The P-26 has its own foibles when it comes to rigging. The distructions say to use a little bit of sprue as a plug to secure the line but I am going to rig it a little different way. The lg has three mounting points, one for the out side to run supports to the under wing, two for cris-cross supports for the lg. I will run some black line similar to EZ Line from the out side secondment through the under wing and glue them from the inside. This will necessitate that the wings will be assembled after all of the rigging is connected and secured. After that then the last part will be to run the lg supports. Of course in order to prevent painting the line I painted the wings and fuse first so I can apply the decals before I run the rigging and assemble the wings.

The 262 however, is another story. This thing went together rather well and it is my first ever 262. Tiny it is for me to see all the detail in the pit but it mostly fits perfect with only a couple of places needing a tiny bit of putty. The engines need a little touch up on the wing also so no gaps will be seen there.
Color call outs are rather vague in the sense that light green and dark green don't relate well to RLM colors but since I have a limited supply of RLM stuff I made best with what I had on hand.

Well I hope you like what you see but I will be finished with these by this coming Tuesday and back to the Avenger.

The rigging is almost done. I didn't do it all the way I wanted to but I got close. all that's left are the lg supports and that goes cris cross from the bottom of one gear to the top of the other. I should have made the attachments before I put the gear on the wing. The stabs are just pressed into the fuse so I can finish the yellow on the back end. The rigging is .5mm stretch magic beading thread. That is similar to that stuff from WNW.

I spent most of the day with the family at the park and letting the girls run in the splash pad there so I didn't get to do to much to the Pea Shooter after I got home. I did, however, set the engine, cowl and prop before I put it away and that cowl piece is about the most fiddly thing I have ever had to do. I couldn't hold it between my fingers to get it to fit right but I finally got it together and installed in the engine. The tail section had to be painted blue because there was some missing detail on the vertical stab that the yellow would make stick out like a sore thumb. I have some yellow decals that will dress it up some.

This isnt going to be exactly like pictured on the cover but close. I am taking some liberties and making due with what I have available to me right now.

Decals tomorrow and the rest of the tiny stuff then on the shelf.

Back