• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

3D Printing and Blender files

You can look at photos all day long but you won't get a sense of how big this printer is until you see it in person. My previous printer was the Phrozen Mega 8K. The plate and vat on this are at least triple the size.
1000011611.jpg

I am glad I ordered several bottles of resin. I am looking forward to printing my first model. It may take some study before that happens!

Well, I changed the title of the thread since Amazon agreed to take the Phrozen piece of crap back and refund most of my money. There is a $280 "restocking" fee, but was FAR better than I ever hoped for. I thought I was SOL. I am waiting for the refund to come back then order the Elegoo Saturn. While I wait, I have finally finished all of the files for the 1979 International Scout. They are cleaned up and supported, just waiting to be printed.
Scout parts plate.jpg

I have made the following in 1:24 scale:
Alternator- generic brand
A/C compressor- Ford? It's somewhat generic
A/C compressor mounting bracket- probably generic
Power Steering fluid reservoir-Generic
PS Mounting bracket to fit the reservoir
Radiator- Sized for the Scout- would probably fit others
Fan Shroud- See above
Brake Booster and Master Cylinder- GM I think- made from specs for the Scout
Coolant Reservoir- Most likely Scout specific
Windshield Washer fluid Res- Def Scout Specific complete with the iH molded logo
Heater Blower-Probably Scout specific- not sure
Jack- located front right engine compartment
Power Steering Box- Ford? I think. I knew once but have forgotten
Push Button style door handle- pretty generic
Rear Window turn handle- fairly generic
Front Bumper including winch- Custom to fit the Scout
Rear Bumper- Probably specific to the Scout
Flowmaster FlowFX dual mufflers- generic size
A couple of brackets- one L shape and one J shape- generic

Everything I made was sized from direct observation from a class mates 1979 Scout, measured with a tape measure and a notebook full of notes. The images I used as reference in Blender were mostly from eBay or Amazon, both of which show multiple views of nearly every part they sell, so I lucked out there. There may be more things I have made but overlooked, and more to make, the sky is the limit really and limited to my skills with Blender which I am still learning. I hope it all works out!!!!

Very cool. Dont forget to dial in your machine before you start printing though. Save a lot of heart ache in the long run. Looking forward to seeing your prints.
James

Very cool. Dont forget to dial in your machine before you start printing though. Save a lot of heart ache in the long run. Looking forward to seeing your prints.
James
Man I soent an eternity dialing the last one in to get two prints out of it LOL. Which XP finder do you use? I have one from Amerilabs and one from Phrozen. I also have Amerilabs test "city" once the flat XP finders get close.

I use the spaceship from Sirya tech and 3D Resin Solutions starship.
I used to use the common flat one but it did not give enough info. Between these two I can get my time very close to perfect. I used to do each separate but now do both together in the centre of the plate and then check each and figure best exposure.
I only do a the now when I try a new resin or get a new printer.
Here is the clear test on my Saturn 2, but its hard to see clear resin.
20240512_183641.jpg
20240512_183701.jpg
20240512_183719.jpg

No really! Paint them, put them in a cheesy photo booth for kit box art and post them on-line!
Here is why I don't make more resin 1/24 car parts. Why dick around with it for $4.00 each?
Now, in kit form, minimum $4.00 for each item? $80.00 at least! Make the 3D printer work for a living! Impress your sweetie!

Well, for you German tank modelers out there, I am working on an MG-34 tank mount and rifle. I started with the drum magazine. I am making it in 1/16th scale for a friend who is building that size tank. For 1/16 scale it is 9mm wide. At 1/35 it would be 4.17mm wide. Someone can check my math. The given 1:1 size it 114.3mm high (I assume that is not counting the handle?), 146.05 x 146.05 diameter. The handle "should" print so it is held with a pin and moveable. I am still looking for good (any really) reference for the tank mounting hardware and better images of the MG34.
MG34 Drum Mag file.jpg
MG34 Drum Mag file1.jpg
MG34 Drum Mag file2.jpg
MG34 Drum Mag file3.jpg

So.....While the German MG mounts look similar there are differences depending on the vehicle and copula type. So for now I'm going to assume it is for a late model Panther...Why you ask?...no reason I just like the Panther family more then the over modeled Tiger family. :blink

Anywho...I'll look around and see what I can find but in the mean time check out this file to down load. It would be a good place to start.
MG34 Mount

So.....While the German MG mounts look similar there are differences depending on the vehicle and copula type. So for now I'm going to assume it is for a late model Panther...Why you ask?...no reason I just like the Panther family more then the over modeled Tiger family. :blink

Anywho...I'll look around and see what I can find but in the mean time check out this file to down load. It would be a good place to start.
MG34 Mount
I have the 50 cal files and am getting the 30 cal and MG-34 files. I have a few other files from them also. Excellent stuff.

Man that is cool!

I have something I want to have printed. Just need to catch up on builds to start it!

Alright folks, I need a serious critique here as I am completely unfamiliar with this gun (never heard of it until about two weeks ago sadly) and tank mount, so how much is completely wrong, needs to be repaired, scrapped, changed,, etc etc. MG-34 rifle and tank mount hardware. I have downloaded blue prints of the rifle but still they are not foolproof, obviously. The grip support will spin freely on the rod if all goes as planned and prints correctly, and the pin will be separate to be inserted or left free with the grip holder left loose. The part I am most unsure about is where the metal meets the wood of the stock. I feel like more needs to be done there. I still want to learn how to make wood grain but have not figured that out yet. It looks simple, but isn't. Anyway, be honest. I KNOW there are things that are wrong.
Gregs version MG34_8.jpg

Gregs version MG34.jpg
Gregs version MG34_2.jpg
Gregs version MG34_3.jpg
Gregs version MG34_4.jpg
Gregs version MG34_5.jpg
Gregs version MG34_6.jpg
Gregs version MG34_7.jpg

I'm sure you've been googling but here's some good photos.

Back