• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

3D Printing and Blender files

You can look at photos all day long but you won't get a sense of how big this printer is until you see it in person. My previous printer was the Phrozen Mega 8K. The plate and vat on this are at least triple the size.
1000011611.jpg

I am glad I ordered several bottles of resin. I am looking forward to printing my first model. It may take some study before that happens!

Well, it is better, but I am struggling with a few small parts. I have countless hours in this dang thing LOL. Not kidding, probably near a hundred. All because someone asked for a twin mount MG34 for their tank. I have to count it as a learning experience. The part that is still giving me fits is the stock connector. I cannot shape that right without a bunch of funky surface anomalies and I cannot figure out how to smooth them out. BTW, I never found a twin mount for a tank. I found an anti aircraft chair with twin guns and the spider sight. So, I sort of made the mounting bracket up, based on lots of different real parts. There may not have even been a twin mount for a tank, because I can't find it mentioned anywhere. Single, yes, lots. Searching for double, I've been ghosted. Maybe y'all know of one. I found a very interesting video that shows about six different kinds of tripods, tank mounts (the trigger is based on that video), bipods, etc. I mean, this "looks" like it could have been real, right? Maybe? sorta...
Twin Mount with guns.jpg
Twin Mount.jpg
MG34 complete.jpg
MG34 complete1.jpg
MG34 complete2.jpg
MG34 complete3.jpg

Impressive.
I think what you have here is very close to what it would have, could have looked like. I mean if we were scratch building it it would be a couple of pieces of plastic rod and some strips.

How far are you from getting the printer fired up.

Impressive.
I think what you have here is very close to what it would have, could have looked like. I mean if we were scratch building it it would be a couple of pieces of plastic rod and some strips.

How far are you from getting the printer fired up.
Close. We are still fighting with Amazon. After saying they would refund $1320 they ended up refunding $470 because the printer was broken when they got it back and not sellable, which is all bullshit. No shit Sherlock?! Broken? You don't say! I would have thrown it in the garbage rather than going through all this hassle. We used a Visa card so I will contact them and see what they will do. Gail had me all excited that day she said we would go ahead and order the new one. She seems to do that, then hee haw around for some reason and find an excuse not to follow through. This is all a "quest for justice" to her now.

Too bad Amazon is headquartered out in Loony La La Land. As they have embraced the woke mentality, they have also lost sight of reality and when folks disagree with them and give reviews that they don't like (cause it hurts their little feelings 😭 ) they call out crap and censor folks. I pulled my Amazon Prime account over that happy nonsense. I still order some stuff through Amazon as they have a great way to find things, but won't give them any more free money to make their weird shows.

I just bought an automotive error code reader. Went with a suggestion by Utubes Scotty Kilmer (the spastic automotive guy that knows his stuff) He had a link to one I decided to buy on Amazon. On a hunch I ran a search on Ebay for the same thing. Found a newer one being sold by the MFG on Ebay and it was on sale. Got newer, better, and saved about $80 over the Zon.

Ok, happy times are here again! The new printer is here. Introducing the Elegoo Saturn 3 Ultra 12k printer. Right out of the box it printed beautifully. I have tweaked the exposure time and am now curing my latest test, but the raw print looked spot on. @jknaus, I really like this resin! Thanks for the advice. I have printed the test spaceship and will analyze it in a few minutes. I am pretty excited to be in business!!

1000012847.jpg
1000012848.jpg

First up is a stamp my daughter needs for her pottery mugs. She makes mugs and steins for a mountain B&B called Cherit Creek and the old stamp has worn ou. Next up would be test printing the MG 34 and dual tank mount to make sure that all works correctly. Following that are the Phalanx CIWS pieces for my ship, and on the same plate I have the parts for the International Scout. Fingers and toes are crossed!

Back