• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G DONE!

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G

Have you got a sanding stone, honing or diamond stone like thing? I got the bend out of my fine Sotar needle by laying it flat between the stone and my fingertip. I could feel the bend with my finger and just used circular pattern on the stone till it was gone, rotating the needle as you go of course.

Looking good Warren. :popcorn

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G

Good looking build! Sorry to hear about the A/B issues, such finicky little creatures! :bat

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G

Adventures in modeling!!!

So, I have my Renegade all packaged up and ready to be shipped in for repair! In the meantime, I pulled out my old generic AB and am using that!

I don't know a whole lot about this particular aircraft, actually nothing outside of the picture, so I'm going to take a few liberties in it's build.

I noticed in the image that the lower cowl on the front and the fabric tail surface look to be a shade slightly lighter.

I think it would be odd that the Americans would have some RLM 79 lying around to repaint this entire aircraft so I decided to paint it as though they covered up the German markings with something closely resembling RLM 79.

To do this, I just lighted the RLM 79 and sprayed it freehand. :hmmm

Anyway, that's it for an update for now! :pp

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G

h20c98a1.png

Sacrilege !........ but great airbrushing nonetheless,

Good job on the different color spray over

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G

Thanks everyone!

Now that my crazy summer is over, I can get back to some bench time!

Not many parts left to go on this one so I painted up most of them and got the prop painted and installed..

I decided to take a stab at adding some brake lines with some wire and small strips of aluminum duct tape/furnace tape.

Think I saw Chuk do something in this style like this once (anyway, he gets the credit!)

one side done (Les gets the credit for that red mark on the wheel!)

Full gear! Next up, a gloss coat and the decals!

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G

Thanks everybody! This build is proving to be fun!

Gloss coat on last night and stickers on tonight!! (y)

Back