• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G DONE!

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G

Thanks for the comments guys!

I finished up the wingys and added the vents to make it a G version.

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G

How did this escape me this far ? :hmmm

Here's the RAF slang. Hack: aircraft on squadron used for general communications duties or as the CO's private aircraft.

I would have said an aircraft that would be used for any flying that was not essential to the mission at hand :D

Anyhow , :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G

Very nice work so far!

IIRC early in the war the RAF did make a few brief flights in a captured Me 109E without the canopy so it was no doubt airworthy in that condition but it would surely not be recommended.
Much later in the war there was one Bf 109G-10 pilot who had the canopy shot off his aircraft during combat with Mustangs and he made it back to base! I believe the Mustang pilots must have either lost sight of the 109 or were low on fuel and broke off combat instead of making sure the 109 was downed.

Matrixone

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G

Very nice work so far!

IIRC early in the war the RAF did make a few brief flights in a captured Me 109E without the canopy so it was no doubt airworthy in that condition but it would surely not be recommended.
Much later in the war there was one Bf 109G-10 pilot who had the canopy shot off his aircraft during combat with Mustangs and he made it back to base! I believe the Mustang pilots must have either lost sight of the 109 or were low on fuel and broke off combat instead of making sure the 109 was downed.

Matrixone

Interesting! Must have been lucky to have the canopy shot off and no harm to the pilot!

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G

Thanks folks!

plugging along on this one. Got the canopy futured and masked and installed. There was just a slight gap towards the rear of the center canopy so I filled it with a little Micro Crystal Clear and a toothpick.

Then did a little pre-shading but my airbrush is acting up. I think it is going to need some TLC before I paint anything further.

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G

Yeah, among other things...

I accidentally hit my fine needle awhile ago and then dropped my other needle directly on the floor. Had to go back to the bent fine needle for now.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to ship it off to get it repaired as some other parts are staring to cause trouble too! Need to get a back up!

31st FG, USAAF BF-109G

Yeah, among other things...

I accidentally hit my fine needle awhile ago and then dropped my other needle directly on the floor. Had to go back to the bent fine needle for now.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to ship it off to get it repaired as some other parts are staring to cause trouble too! Need to get a back up!

Yeah, that sux! I think that's what happened to my 175. Got dropped & nobody said anything about it. :bang head I've done bent a tip while cleaning or at least mushroomed the tip once or twice. Easy to do.

Back