• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1934 DUESENBERG "FINISHED"

Re: 1934 DUESENBERG "PAINT CLUE"

Hmmmmm American zink Chrome color engine Fenders are british cockpit green. Are you going to do this one some WW2 camo? :yipee

Looks great MrT :popcorn

Re: 1934 DUESENBERG "PAINT CLUE"

Hmmmmm American zink Chrome color engine Fenders are british cockpit green. Are you going to do this one some WW2 camo? :yipee

Looks great MrT :popcorn

:hmmm You will have to wait and see.

Thanks Dave!

B)

Re: 1934 DUESENBERG "WHEELS AND THINGS"

Well the Dues has it's wheels and boy do they sparkle. The frame is done so work moved on to the fenders. Getting the paint on and the clear finish. One small hitch was some very tiny chrome trim on the front of the rear fenders. Too small for me to paint I desided to get the job done with foil. I applied the foil to the fender and worked smooth and then added the paint. After the paint dried I used steel wool and removed the paint from the raised chrome trim and viola there it was. Here are some update pictures of how it was done. Comments and questions are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC06917.JPG

DSC06919.JPG

DSC06920.JPG

DSC06921.JPG

DSC06922.JPG

DSC06923.JPG

DSC06924.JPG

DSC06925.JPG

DSC06926.JPG

DSC06927.JPG

DSC06918.JPG

B)

What a pretty car... that is a compliment! ;)

Regards,

Thanks Saul!! She does have pretty lines.

B)

T ,

WoW ! This just straight up ROX !! :ro: :ro: :ro: I love th detail on th Rear Fender ! Hot Tip , Dig th Steel wool ( noted !) Paint is Fetchin' !!! :ro: :ro:

:drinks :drinks :drinks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h8YdmE3OxQ&feature=related​

T ,

WoW ! This just straight up ROX !! :ro: :ro: :ro: I love th detail on th Rear Fender ! Hot Tip , Dig th Steel wool ( noted !) Paint is Fetchin' !!! :ro: :ro:

Thanks Erik!!!

What's really bad is that I went and seen "Grease" at the movies. Now lets see how long ago was that????

:laugh:

Thanks guys!! I may have to come with some more tricks. This ain't no tank. :laugh:

B)

T ,

Thanks Erik!!!

What's really bad is that I went and seen "Grease" at the movies. Now lets see how long ago was that????

Hahaha ! It was '78 ? I too saw it in th theatre !! lol ....

Great Lookin Car T !! \m/

T ,

Thanks Erik!!!

Hahaha ! It was '78 ? I too saw it in th theatre !! lol ....

Great Lookin Car T !! \m/

Oh man don't remind me. :huh:

Nice car Mr T. Interesting way to do the chrome trim. Thank you !

Cheers, Christian B)

Back