• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1934 DUESENBERG "FINISHED"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Since doing the "T" I have gotten the car bug so I'm going to do another one for "HOT ROD". I recieved in the mail yesterday something I have always wanted to do and now is as good a time as any to do it. The subject in question is a 1934 Model SJ Duesenberg Torpedo Phaetom by Monogram (1963 Issue). The kit is as old as I am, but looks great so here are my start up pictures. This should be fun.

Terry B)

DSC06811.JPG

DSC06812.JPG

DSC06813.JPG

B)

Re: 1934 DUESENBERG

I built that one as a kit, and remember how fantastic I found it to be. Got it from my mother as a Christmas gift.

Have you ever read the comic Spirou? In a couple of albums they have a Hot Rodded Duesenberg 34.:)

I built that one as a kit, and remember how fantastic I found it to be. Got it from my mother as a Christmas gift.

Have you ever read the comic Spirou? In a couple of albums they have a Hot Rodded Duesenberg 34.:)

No I have not seen the comic, but sounds interesting. The kit looks great and I look forward to working on it.

B)

This will be a nice build i'm sure! and here is a pic off Spirou in he's duesenberg :)
1774_4b.jpg

//Mats

I've been thinking of building some of the cars out of the Spirou comic, but was discouraged by the appearance of those die cast and rubber collectors cars. In my opinion they are not representing what Franquin draw in the original comics strip.

SPIROU-21-F-03.jpg

Edit: And in the Swedish version of the comic book, it was more of a cherry red.

Well cherry red would be a lot better.

B)

Like this?

3859134363_d2d2bae296_z.jpg

Glad to see you've caught the car bug, Terry! I'll pack mine up and send them to you if you'll PM me your address. :laugh: (y) :ro:

Yes, a lot better.

Pink is a strange colour. Don't think I've ever seen a car that looks good in pink.

ooooooh, a duesenberg! my most favorite car brand ever! so beautiful!

... and a gem like this in your hands lets me drool over my keyboard!

:popcorn

Nice wheels T , .......... you do know that a bit of tarmac , a 1/24th scale Me109 the Duzzy , ......... would make one hell of a small , .......... I mean large dio/vig ?
:laugh:

ooooooh, a duesenberg! my most favorite car brand ever! so beautiful!

... and a gem like this in your hands lets me drool over my keyboard!

:popcorn

Thanks Laura!! I plan to do more to this model than I did to the "T". We'll see how it turns out.

B)

Nice wheels T , .......... you do know that a bit of tarmac , a 1/24th scale Me109 the Duzzy , ......... would make one hell of a small , .......... I mean large dio/vig ?

Well I have a Mustang???

The Doozy and a Mustang, sounds like a Dirk Pitt novel! (y)

Back