• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1934 DUESENBERG "FINISHED"

Re: 1934 DUESENBERG

T ,

Sleek body style !!! I'm lookin forward to seein this come together !! Hmmmm..... I think I smell AlClad in th Air ... :hmmm

:drinks

T ,

I'll watch with interest as I've never seen any one work with BMF ! Remember I'm a TreadHead :v

I'm just wondering how you can get th BMF to go around the headlight assemblies etc .....

:popcorn :popcorn :drinks

T ,

I'll watch with interest as I've never seen any one work with BMF ! Remember I'm a TreadHead :v

I'm just wondering how you can get th BMF to go around the headlight assemblies etc .....

:popcorn :popcorn :drinks

Burnish man burnish! May not use it everywhere anyway. Depends on the part.

B)

Re: 1934 DUESENBERG "ENGINE"

I have started the engine for the Duesenberg. The main thing is that the engine is green with lots of chrome. I'm not done, but here is progress pictures. Oh by the way the metal parts are covered with BareMetal Foil. More to come so stay tuned.

Terry B)

DSC06834.JPG

DSC06835.JPG

DSC06836.JPG

DSC06837.JPG

DSC06838.JPG

DSC06839.JPG

DSC06840.JPG

B)

Wow, in my proverbial four day blink you are on page four (great interest in this car) and roaring - it is the engine methinks!

I'm glad it won't be pink as that green doesn't go too well with the pink I saw!
timgunnonono1.jpg

Regards,

Wow, in my proverbial four day blink you are on page four (great interest in this car) and roaring - it is the engine methinks!

I'm glad it won't be pink as that green doesn't go too well with the pink I saw!

Regards,

Yes I was suprised at the interest too. In researching the car I found that buyer specified the color the car was to be; so I guess you could choose pink. The green for engine is not out of the bottle either. I had to mix Tamiya green with yellow green to get close the right shade.

B)

T ,

Great Start !! OOooh-La-La ! That Engine is comin together !!

:drinks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYPTX12L5Uw​

Thanks Randy!! I did a little more today.

B)

Re: 1934 DUESENBERG "ENGINE UPDATE"

A little more done on the engine. I have applied more foil which is a slow process, but I like the result. Next will be wiring and carb linkages. Here is what it looks like now.

Terry B)

Here are a couple of pictures showing how the foil is applied.

DSC06845.JPG

DSC06846.JPG

Engine intakes.

DSC06847.JPG

DSC06848.JPG

DSC06849.JPG

DSC06850.JPG

DSC06851.JPG

DSC06852.JPG

B)

Re: 1934 DUESENBERG "ENGINE UPDATE"

alot of "bling bling" B) MTV pimp my Deus!! :D