• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Heinkel He-177A-5 with lots of goodies

Hey guys

Thank you so much. Yes, they are calling for RLM 02 instead of RLM 66 in the Cockpit. I was reading about it: although it has been used in 1943-1944, the "Greiff" was a 1938-1939 Project, hence the RLM 02 in all of them.

Slowly I am getting the hang of this modelling Thing. I am able to get the PE's now with minimal glue, so the model remains "clean". Even in the transparent "glass" parts I think I made some improvements.

hf53205d.JPG

h0009f5d.JPG

Now the Resin stuff. Has always been a nightmare of mine but I this time it went MUCH better.

First the original structure:

h04119fc.JPG

Now for the first time I used drilling to get the plastic removed.

h731740e.JPG

h49def65.JPG

Now the resin has been put in place. There are some adjustments to make, some ridges to mend but all in all it fitted and is still in one Piece!!!

h250cce6.JPG

h28a972e.JPG

h3fefabc.JPG

h011063b.JPG

The only Thing I did not like from the CMK were the metal landing gear struts. I decided to use the original ones. Let's hope they fit.

h20568e0.JPG

More to come. Thanks for looking!

Cheers

Alex

Wow, maybe you should take vacations more often :) There seems to have been a massive change since you got back :good:

Glad for the Gray cockpit since the PE is already gray . Very nice work :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Alex you are doing a sensational job on this. Your skills are markedly improved now and everything looks excellent!

Thank you so much guys. It means the world to me coming from you. I truly appreciate it.

After my FW-190 fiasco I was so upset that I almost thought about giving up.

Now everything seems to be getting into place better. I don't know why, but it just feels natural now.

And on that note the Progress so far:

This is the Daimler-Benz Db606 engine, which has caused so much Trouble (fire). It did fit perfectly!

h66b234f.JPG

h16d72d1.JPG

h926204d.JPG

Here is the Access port. This Drilling Thing really works!!! :ro:

h47e816c.JPG

h8138acf.JPG

hef1ddeb.JPG

h25db227.JPG

h9ebf206.JPG

Now everything is installed and it fit like a surgeons' glove.

Finally some work on the engine cowlings, Propellers and the 3-piece tail elevons.

h2ff9a81.JPG

h21b2ab0.JPG

hf4a6644.JPG

hbb6a406.JPG

he6eb890.JPG

I am excited. Can't wait to get some more bench time!

Cheers and thanks again everyone

Alex

When things come together so well, it does get exciting to work on something. Your work is looking fantastic as well. Nice job on those engines; I always wondered what they looked like.

Hey everyone

Many many thanks for your encouragement. It is still going well, believe it or not.

Progress from the Weekend:

Cockpit is ready (as much as possible):

hede4a38.JPG

hac24565.JPG

h869dbbe.JPG

Gun Turrets:

h32f82f6.JPG

hfa43b4c.JPG

Henschel Hs-293 (I had to cannibalize it from an old Airfix kit):

h8ad9c21.JPG

ha40b1d2.JPG

Bomb Bay:

h19e14f0.JPG

h02efda8.JPG

Flaps:

h86a0376.JPG

Engine ready:

had45aaf.JPG

Fritz-X rocket bomb and Hs-293.

hc701b54.JPG

hdd7b51d.JPG

h86fe8c0.JPG

Now on to priming and getting some colour in this Monster.

Cheers

Alex

Glad you chose to continue on Alex! (y) Every kit you build or attempt is a learning xperience. Some of those I have not gotten around to finishing were built so I could try something. Usually I built it past the part I wanted to do in the build then lost interest. :hmmm I have several builds that go waaaaay back that were put aside due to things I didn't know how to deal with or there wasn't a way to fix it at the time.

The best example is a Tamiya 1/6 BMW motorcycle with a gorgeous blue paint job that I built back in the 80's. Never finished as the chrome exhaust pipes had no way to get a nice chrome finish. More recently though I have discovered Alclad has some decent chrome paint that just might do the job the way I want. Maybe sometime here real soon it will finally be finished.

I struggle with that sort of detailing in 1/48, I wouldn't think of doing it in 1/72 ! Looking good so far :popcorn

Alex you are doing a tremendous job. The detail you are adding is looking great and really makes this model pop. Keep going man, this is excellent!

Back