• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Airfix B-26 Bomber

Moving right along! :drinks

Thanks. Not too bad a kit for an older Airfix :good: Got some putty work to do tho :frantic
Still trying to find references on "Mild and Bitter" namely the colors and not really finding what I want... :bang head

Is it the same camo/paint as Flak Bait?

I think so. OD Green over Neutral Gray. Had posted a couple pics earlier in this thread of a model someone else did and it had an extra green markings atop the fuselage & wings. I couldn't confirm that Mild and Bitter had this or not. Well, I did some extensive searching & found a video of Mild and Bitter and being the 1st to reach the 50 missions mark & I musta watched in a few dozen times & looks like she didn't have the added green onthe upper wings/fuselage. So, gonna go with the OD/Neut gray.

Wowzer that is some great work! I thought about this kit but I do not think I could have done it justice!

Wowzer that is some great work! I thought about this kit but I do not think I could have done it justice!

Thanks Bruce. This is an older kit & isn't too bad. I haven't really had any issues with it, I'm sure you'd do well with it! If I can, so can anyone else :good:

managed to get all the glass in that needs to be installed before I can seal up the fuselage. Still have to work on the upper turret, tail guns & a few other minor things before I can seal it up. :facepalm

Ok fellas (& Bob) Here's some pics of where she sits now...

h794ffb9.JPG

h650f82d.JPG

added some super glue to fill in the pin marks

hbd499bf.JPG

he2230a7.JPG

h7023824.JPG

h2e09f53.JPG

Top turret gunner in the turret

h518b245.JPG

h7cb9cd6.JPG

Need ta paint the guns and attach them to him &then add the canopy

I just got home a few mins ago & decided to do a test fit of the fuselage & see how it's gonna go together...

he7116ad.JPG

h7bb0d3f.JPG

h4b0f953.JPG

h0d17eea.JPG

he1dfafd.JPG

he4153a7.JPG

hd232924.JPG

hd968995.JPG

Not too bad, need to sand a couple areas I think :hmmm

Back