• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Airfix B-26 Bomber

Hippy Ed

Ok fellas, here's my entry into this Campaign...

h86b54ba.JPG

h8304957.JPG

h42ae517.JPG

Love the detail on the bomb bay! (y)

Easily one of 'old' Aifix finest - and truly superb box-art on the original issue. Fantastic choice, Ed, this was very close to being my 'second' for this campaign.

Ian.

Sprues have been washed with Dawn dish soap & she awaits my attention :hmmm Might just start this one whilst I await some supplies to come in & time in the spray booth ....
Stay tuned fellas :drinks

I finally looked over the markings for this bird. There's 2 options BMF or OD/gray. BMF isthe De-feater & OD/Gray is Mild and Bitter. Not too thrilled about either one but, think I'll go with Mild and Bitter since I'm not upto the task of BMF just yet.
I wish I could remember which B-26 a friend of mine was on during WWII. Think he was in on the Poleski raids & got a DFC for his actions. There was a write up in the Ventura County Star paper some years back about him and & his medal. His plane went to bomb and one bomb got hung up in the bomb bay & he was the skinniest of the crew so, he had to go into the bomb bay & kick the bomb out &in order for him to reach the stuck bomb, he had to remove his chute!
For the life of me, I can't recall his name but, I remember him and some of his stories he told me when I was a teen & some, I took with a grain of salt back then but, after reading that story in the paper & of course, researching subjects for a build, etc. I have to say, it was history of the greatest generation!
OK, time to research.... Flak-Bait or Flak-eater come to mind... :hmmm

I finally looked over the markings for this bird. There's 2 options BMF or OD/gray. BMF isthe De-feater & OD/Gray is Mild and Bitter. Not too thrilled about either one but, think I'll go with Mild and Bitter since I'm not upto the task of BMF just yet.
I wish I could remember which B-26 a friend of mine was on during WWII. Think he was in on the Poleski raids & got a DFC for his actions. There was a write up in the Ventura County Star paper some years back about him and & his medal. His plane went to bomb and one bomb got hung up in the bomb bay & he was the skinniest of the crew so, he had to go into the bomb bay & kick the bomb out &in order for him to reach the stuck bomb, he had to remove his chute!
For the life of me, I can't recall his name but, I remember him and some of his stories he told me when I was a teen & some, I took with a grain of salt back then but, after reading that story in the paper & of course, researching subjects for a build, etc. I have to say, it was history of the greatest generation!

You know Flak Bait is in the Smithsonian.

You know Flak Bait is in the Smithsonian.

Yeah, I did a quick search before I left. She was also the 1st of any aircraft to reach 100 combat missions too. B) I plan to do more research on it....

That was one brave guy. Kicking a bomb that is stuck out of a plane without a chute on!
Man, talk about being crazy!

Tim

Back