• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Airfix B-26 Bomber

Tis true my friend, tis true!
Although you have to admit, some of the kids in OIF and OEF have done some incredibly brave things as well!

Not all of them were video game mommas-boyz!

Tim

OK, Been researching the crew of Flak Bait & the missions but, not finding what I'm looking for. Oh well. I'm gonna just build this as "Mild and Bitter" she had a history all her own. 1st to reach 100 combat missions.

Well, I've been waiting on my mother [since the end of the race] so, I sat at the bench for a bit cleaning up in marks & flash. Some how paint &glue got involved... :huh: :blink :frantic

h3ccf8c0.JPG

h51dccc3.JPG

h32aa72b.JPG

h2dd978d.JPG

The last 2 pics, the pit & bomb bay are just laying there, seeing how things line up :hmmm One problem tho... :eek:hmy: :idonno Seems there's no IP in this thing!!! :facepalm

Ok, gotta run to the store but, I'll post more pics later on....

OK, here's 2 more :drinks

haf06cd6.JPG

heebe71f.JPG

there are some raised detail on the center console which I'll hit with a silver pencil...

Been studyin' the instructions and it's similar to the F7F I got going. They have you do it in sub assemblies BUT, I'ma gonna do it as I see fit :evil:

h2dd978d.JPG

Er..check me if I'm wrong there but..something don't look right here. Is that bomb bay assembly in up side down?

Did you have some paint peel on the seats Ed?

Nope. I was waiting for the part to dry so I could hit that spot. And yes, I'm using MM acrylic Zinc Chromate Green for the interior.

I've got the bomb bay painted along with the cockpit & most of the fuselage interior painted this evening :drinks

I went in and touched up the paint on the seat, got the bomb rack painted

h08abda7.JPG

h013f422.JPG

h9a04b65.JPG

h9cac160.JPG

Started assembling bombs & will post pics when I'm done painting them

Most of the bombs are done & attached to the bomb rack (y) Still got a couple more to do... Also some putty work here & there on sinkholes :facepalm
spent time going thru the box & found the IP for this :dance I figgered it had to be there... alot of parts have flash, others have ejector pin marks that'll be needing attention too :facepalm

Back