• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 USCG 110 Ft. Island Class Patrol Boat

h17e5e83.jpg

This is a tad dated, and She's a 87, rather than a 110, but still!!
:rotf

h5ce9616.JPG

Islands, Lighthouse & cottage. Yes that's 'Pup's 1/700 SS Minnow as well.
The Cottage seems to have flatted nicely!

I've been trying different mix ratios of Tamiya XF-86 Flat Clear, Future, and Tamiya thinner. I need to flat IJN Egg-Kagi, but I don't want to turn Her into a powered donut!
I have to use acrylic clear flat. I did some of the shading & details with Gundam markers and they do not like Tester's enamel clears at all!

Looks good Chris!

Bob

h3c4945f.JPG

No, I didn't forget about the Island Class WPB set. I was putting on decals. I like to decal best. These aren't the TLAR decals yet. I had a bunch of left over stuff, so I went with it!

Thanks for lookin' in!!

By now I hope 'Pup has gotten his 1/700 Minnow! :rotf :yipee

h2d2b277.JPG

I have touted the 1/700 Island class WPB set as a "Diorama in a box". I thought I should probably include some kind of ocean/beach creation to put the Island and the Cutter on.
This was this morning's effort. Something a small ship model builder can copy onto a sheet of photo paper and pose his US Coast Guard model on.

Your thoughts My Friends?

I wonder if I can get away with calling the island Cayo Loco. :hmmm
Dear Mr. Buffett,
I promise not to serve any margaritas here............... :idonno
:drinks
Son of a :drunk

h564ae18.JPG

Contents of Kit # 916. I wrote the instructions and ordered decals for 15 Island class WPB marking options just this day.
T'were a perfect Pajama Sunday!

Thanks for looking in!

h5cfc624.JPG

Kit decals arrived from Virginia today. As an American, I prefer to do business with other American businessmen.
Mark at Starfighter Decals makes a fine dinky decal sheet. :salute
Packaging and finalizing box art began tonight. 7 Kits are near ready with 6 more of 24 planned getting close!
:yipee
Note: The part number on the Island class decal sheet is incorrect.

Thanks for looking in!
:drinks

hb417b5e.JPG

It only took two years. :bang head
Lots of other projects were underway at the same time. :idonno :gogo

Back