• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 USCG 110 Ft. Island Class Patrol Boat

hf00e3d3.JPG

Bear in mind, that life rings vary in diameters & thicknesses. I think the featured P/E ones a little under-scale for Patrol/Rescue vessels. They would be dandy for Commercial/civilian use. To attach, use a dab of Future, slide the teeny ring on and leave it alone! C/A glue overpowers little details like these.

ha29994f.JPG

This one is double punched from plastic card. I punch the center hole first, then center & punch the diameter.
These I like for the bulkier rings a Man might toss a ways during a rescue op.

Does that help?

h4bee390.JPG

These are the places you drill for the bollards, and placement of the boat deck ladder. Forward, ever slowly, but forward!

h61a5f10.JPG

ha3539db.JPG

Base coated the island for the USCG Instructions. You get the big island and a bonus reef/island in the kit. It looks like the first few TLAR Island class WPB set customers will get painted Bonus reef/islands in their set!
T'were a "Spray to Black" morning here on the Dam Cold Prairie!

Floquil flat white over washed Resin parts.

h169b8a2.JPG

Island class 110-foot WPB, lighthouse and cottage.
A couple of Small baots from the TLAR set as well.
Bob's SS Minnow (Yes Pup, I'll paint Her for ya!) and Queen Conch.

Mike Knows which Lighthouse it will be. No batteries!

he645ce3.JPG

I made a mistake. I attached the deck house before I sprayed any paint. OOPS! :facepalm :bang head
I'll fix Her. She's showing a lot of Promise!

Thanks for looking in!

1/700 Asheville Class Patrol Gunboat

he866ab8_2018-01-04.JPG

Not really Cayo Loco. Perhaps just plain Loco! Island, cottage with winders, and progress on the Tater Rock Lighthouse! It still needs a railing around the upper deck, and Tamiya clear for the Light.

1/700 Asheville Class Patrol Gunboat

Glad to see you policing the spent batteries. (y) :skipper

h5ce9616.JPG

Islands, Lighthouse & cottage. Yes that's 'Pup's 1/700 SS Minnow as well.
The Cottage seems to have flatted nicely!

I've been trying different mix ratios of Tamiya XF-86 Flat Clear, Future, and Tamiya thinner. I need to flat IJN Egg-Kagi, but I don't want to turn Her into a powered donut!
I have to use acrylic clear flat. I did some of the shading & details with Gundam markers and they do not like Tester's enamel clears at all!

Back