• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 scale Shrimp/Fishing Boat kit.

IMG_6013.JPG

The original molds were not aging well. I'm no where near the 25-30 kits I'd planned to produce.
I decided to make more-to-scale winches (And more of them!), some rafts & small boats, add the exhaust/ventilator housings to the back of the deck houses, and I chose to loose the resin-cast fenders. I tried to use some, and they are to big a pain to sand from the resin wafer. :bang head This is 1/700 Shrimp Boat version 2.0 :yipee

My "Boss" is a slave-driver! :java I have to cut his hair (?!?) and shave his face too. :frantic All for the Greater Good of The Hobby!!

Any M/A member who wants a set can have a Kit for the introductory U.S. price with FREE U.S. shipping. :yipee PM me, and we can work out the details! The Shrimpers are NOT for the beginner. It's a plus to have a micro drill set, and a waldron punch set, some cleverness, coffee, good music, and some styrene bits. :drinks

I'm totally stoked about taking one to KC and St. Louis shows!

As the mold-making/resin-casting learning process continues, I'm well pleased with the new mold that makes one complete set of resin parts for the Shrimp Boat set.
IMG_6015.JPG

If any of you have actually seen my workspace you can tell I've done something today, I don't do very often. :(
Having reached the end of their useful lives, I've dropped some of the original molds in the garbage. :drinks :salute
Only a teeny bit of separation anxiety.

In a recent Contest, one of the 1/700 Shrimp Boats got a Silver AWARD!!
I'm certain it was a Fluke! Still lots of fun!!
Thanks you men for tolerating my Micro-nesses!!

he8275e3.JPG

Re-tooling the Shrimp boat hulls & Pilothouses for pressure molding and casting. :bang head
By Golly, the re-issue will include enough resin parts to build all 3 of my Forrest Gump/Darien Georgia Inspired 1/700 Shrimp boat models!

That is the Darien Georgia shrimpin' Boat fleet, moored up-river from the bridge, in the off Season. Yes Brothers. There is a "Shrimping Season". It starts in April.
h3521fcb.JPG

Grave Digger. Captain Sawyer's Vessel.

Back