• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 scale Shrimp/Fishing Boat kit.

Me too. And being a one-time resident of Fort Walton Beach Fl just down the street from Destin Fl, I know about shrimp season. Destin is the home of the World's Largest Fishing Fleet and I remember in my youth going down to Destin with my parents in April, May or June and buying five pounds of shrimp for $2.00, right off the boats!

Good times!

My Uncle Gene, God rest Him, lived in Fort Walton Beach, FL. until his death in May of this year. The World shrinks again! Thanks Mark!

Me too. And being a one-time resident of Fort Walton Beach Fl just down the street from Destin Fl, I know about shrimp season. Destin is the home of the World's Largest Fishing Fleet and I remember in my youth going down to Destin with my parents in April, May or June and buying five pounds of shrimp for $2.00, right off the boats!

Good times!

Wouldn't have lasted long around here. :beer

My Uncle Gene, God rest Him, lived in Fort Walton Beach, FL. until his death in May of this year. The World shrinks again! Thanks Mark!

Wow, what a small world indeed. What was his name? Our family knew several people named Gene, I wonder if he was one of them.

Maybe someday you can join me down there when I visit next. My friend Steve comes down and we enjoy some great seafood and some Blue Angels when we get together. There are also two hobby shops in Pensacola that we hit up too.

And no, Bob; the shrimp went exceptionally quick around our house too.

My Uncle was Gene (Geno) Coll. He lived with his Beloved Judy for 20 years in Fort Walton Beach. It was fun to watch the Mudhens drop practice bombs on the Range when last I was there. The "Dixie Flyer" will go South again in February of next year. Judy is still "My Family".
h0b440d4.JPG

h4267eb8.JPG

As if I didn't have enough ideas floating throuh my Lil' Pea-brain, I'm re-tooling the Shrimp Boat masters. adding the winches seemed really tedious, so they will come cast on the specific main deck/Hulls. I've added pilot house winders (because I've learned the RTV mold rubber will pick them up @ 60 psi.) The new set will include all 3 73-foot Shrimp boat models. I think the hatches for the fish/shrimp hold will be added as well. I want to make a less fiddley, more fun Model to make. I'm working on a 110-foot refrigerated Trawler too (they just look cool!)
She may or may not be included in TLAR Models #615 Shrimp Boat set.

Just think, you can have the whole flotila in the bathtub all at once :captain

:drinks Pass the rum . Cheers, Christian B)

Looking great man! I love it!

I'm not sure but we may have known Gene Coll; the name does look familiar.

Rock on man, I am looking forward to more.

h87c3590.JPG

h6450b0d.JPG

These are the Masters for 1/700 Shrimpin' Boat Set 2.0. :bang head
I put the winches & hatches on the main deck of all 3. It's a PIA to sand and add these as separate parts and building your Shrimp Boat models should be FUN! The Hulls are specific to the deck houses with hand rails, pilot house winders, and in one case SATCOM & GPS antennas!
The new set will include all 3 complete Boats, much better quality Models, using pressure molds & castings.
And now, ON TO THE MOLDS!!! :yipee

Hopefully no blowing up! I made a trip to the Tricky Phone store and have begun my assimilation into the Smart Phone collective like so many of my Brethren. The aging Rhino evolves, but slowly! :rotf

hd525dd6.JPG

Got the old Girl up to 54 PSI. She was weezing a bit, so I stopped there. NO BLOWING UP! Molds in production for USCG Point Class Cutter set, Shrimp boat set, and USS Defiance Asheville class Patrol Gunboat. :yipee :yipee

h0fa3173.JPG

Alas, my long serving Jenny Shrimp boat hull master has made her final mold. I had this same bubble problem on 2 of 3 recent molds. Very strange.

Back