• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 scale 110-foot Commercial Freezer Trawler

I was getting disillusioned with my meager model efforts. Time, effort & materials versus dollar bills. I forgot my waterline model Mojo. THEN! I cast 5 molds tonight! I remembered the reason for TLAR Models to ever exist at all was because it is FUN!
Look for more miniature model mania to come!
DAMN THE MARTINIS! Ahead Full!
David Angelo of Loose Cannon East & I have struck up a friendship. He's sending parts for CSS Selma and USS Metacomet.
He KNOWS something I do not! :bang head :stinker :facepalm It will still be FUN!

Thanks Men, for your friendship and encouragement!

h2f36231.JPG

h85a4067.JPG

"Con, Combat."
"Con aye. Go ahead Combat."
"Skipper, I'm tracking one of those Islands. It's underway, Sir!"
"Check Your gear, Combat."
"The radar checks out, Sir. She's making 4 knots, against the current."
"You gotta be shittin' me! What will these Pirates think up next!? Sound General Quarters, battle stations surface.
Helm to 184, all ahead two-thirds. This we have got to call in."

Small bridge ports drilled in the crown of the "Island" smuggler tender. Spares, fuel, essentials and ammunition can be unloaded from the lil' bitty "Cave". Diesel/electric power enough to make 8 Knots at top speed. Quiet as a tomb on her batteries. Unknown Armament. A floating Phasmid.

Thanks for going along with me on my model magic Carpet ride! :gogo :silly: :drool

h2f36231.JPG

h85a4067.JPG

"Con, Combat."
"You gotta be shittin' me! What will these Pirates think up next!? Sound General Quarters, battle stations surface.

Small bridge ports drilled in the crown of the "Island" smuggler tender. Spares, fuel, essentials and ammunition can be unloaded from the lil' bitty "Cave". Diesel/electric power enough to make 8 Knots at top speed. Quiet as a tomb on her batteries. Unknown Armament. A floating Phasmid.

Thanks for going along with me on my model magic Carpet ride! :gogo :silly: :drool
That's hilarious...:popcorn

Thanks Men!
I am grateful to be blessed to have a Sweetie that not only supports my hobbyness, but encourages my vivid imagination as well. When I can't decide what to do next, we talk together and as our conversation unfolds, new possibilities present themselves. Thank you Teresa! :love :salute :eek:ldguy :pilot

"Con, Combat."

Hee hee, this I gotta follow. :D
Way to go Rhino, keep it up buddy.

h9c47942.JPG

38' Schooner is coming along nicely.
The instructions are almost done for the Smugglers & Rum Runner set.
I hope to get this kit released before the end of the month! :yipee
Discounts apply for Veterans & M/A members! :salute :eek:ldguy :pilot

What sort of sound does a CVN make when She "Pops" out of a fog bank, I wunda?!
Thanks for sharing Chris!!

Too Cool! Supercarrier backing down hard! The Law of the Sea does give Blow-boats right of way over powered vessels.
In Foreign ports, do it sound more like "Get out my dam way, Hadji!!"
:rotf :rotf

h4b2c239.JPG

Box art for the 1/700 Smugglers & Rum-runners. I expect to list this kit for sale today!
Thanks for looking in!

Back