• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya Komatsu G40 Bulldozer. Done!

nerdling

I'm a little late to the party but figured I'd throw this little gem into the mix. I've had this for a few months now. Been wanting to build it for a future diorama base. Figured why not build her now. Started building it yesterday afternoon. Had the basic structure glued into sub assemblies in about two hours. Today I sprayed a base coat of Tamiya Kure Grey and got the seat and hydraulic lines painted. Now to glue it together and begin the weathering process.

1/48 Tamiya Komatsu G40 Bulldozer.

This ain't late! I'm gonna be late.

:soldier

Should see some very cool weathering on this bad boy.

Thanks for the comments and support guys (y) So The basic kit is all put together. Now it is time to begin weathering this little monster :geek Anybody know a good way of doing rust? I was thinking of mixing something into a bit of rust colored paint. Something that would look kind of like chunky. You know like that slightly bubbled rust old machinery gets. Probably going to leave the decals off and just include the small metal anchor for the grill. Still some small touchups here and there. But some of that will be covered in mud and dust.

Really nice looking kit but I have no reference for it. Were the hydraulic hoses really that thick ? :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Neat little dozer!

I think I had read or heard that the Japanese built most of their runways by hand before these little rigs came a long...

1/48 Tamiya Komatsu G40 Bulldozer. (Done)

I'm calling this one done. I tried to weather it somewhat. But I also didn't want to go overboard with rusting it up.

Nice build.
I have one in the stash that I want to work into a diorama with an airplane. Thanks for pointing the way. (y)

Cheers,

Bill

Back