• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya Jagdpanther

Thanks, Bruce. The more I've thought about the paint problems I had with this AK set, the more I think it got frozen somewhere along the line. I went back over the awful lines with Tamiya paints, thinned with their lacquer thinner. Thinking that may be what caused you and James to have issues with their paints too. It's not my finest paint work by any stretch, Chris' get in done and out of here explanation will have to be the story I'm sticking to. :rotf

More tonight...

:drinks

Sometimes I have to counter spray with the under color to get rid of the over spray of the lighter color. If that makes any sense. Gary S.

It does. The trouble with the AK paints was they sputtered and spit so badly, I didn't trust them to go back over the lines. I did try and was sadly mistaken. Letting the acrylic dry for a week, then reshooting with the Tamiyas worked well enough. I'll filter it and that seems to tone down the weird contrasts.
:good:

Inching ever closer, numerals on (13, get it? :laugh: ), filter applied, clear coat tomorrow in prep for panel lines and washes and all with just two full days to go! :frantic :frantic :frantic :frantic :frantic :frantic

h1a43559.JPG

h068eac7.JPG

h62ccf33.JPG

Thanks for checking in!

this is looking great Mike! Now if it was 1/35...... just kidding!!! :rotf

Honestly, I think the painting looks really good!

(y)

You all are very kind, thank you! It's hard to squeeze the weathering process, guess we'll see how it goes. Luckily, this vehicle is relatively new to the battlefield and won't need much. Wish me luck! :mpup

Calling this done and announcing my retirement from Micro Model Month. Here's the Jagdpanther, almost out of the box.

hc4a2cad.JPG

h1c397a2.JPG

h0f17a3a.JPG

h5439c08.JPG

h5688186.JPG

hd2d1d78.JPG

h83a48b3.JPG

Tamiya made a very nice kit, everything fits and it is well detailed. 1/48 would have been a good size to start my collection with, but it's really not my bag at this point in time. Thanks to all who have viewed, followed along and taken time to comment, I appreciate it! Thanks for coming by!

Harrumph! Good save and Well Done! :ro:
Now to find that Wehrmacht veteran and blow his mind! :soldier :salute

Thanks for taking time to comment, I appreciate it. On to bigger and better things.

Back