• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya Jagdpanther

Hey Warren, according to the publication Panther In Action by Squadron/ signal Armor #11, "the fan cover was in two pieces- the inboard part bolted to the large engine coverplate. Note that the inside high cover was a standard low fan cover grill- the high box protected an extra duct to the engine section." And now you know the rest of the story...
Glad you asked, Tamiya calls it the heating unit for crew compartment in their instruction booklet.

:drinks

Not much of an update today, I relocated most of the tools to the rear and got some black primer shot.

hd49783b.JPG

h4566bbf.JPG

ha2fd68c.JPG

It dark and rainy here today, need some more light in the garage to be able to see areas like this I missed. Will touch it up with a little more Stynylrez before laying the basecoat.

he999f2e.JPG

Going to paint next weekend, see if I can finish this brute. Thanks for coming by!

Wow! That last update went over like a lead balloon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxMXDIzSCI

Here's what's gonna happen this weekend...

hd0393b6.JPG

Oh, that and St Patrick's Day!

Looking really neat! Will this make you a dee-voted 1/48 fan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqm4gunNTFo

Hello again! Well, I had the absolute worst experience with paint I've had since I started armor modeling! I had purchased the AK Interactive 1945 German Late War Colors paint set some time back (I don't recall how long ago, but it has never been opened) and tried to use it on my build. The paint acted funny when I started using it, the base coat didn't want to spray smoothly, even when I thinned it with AK acrylic thinner. I should have known it was going to get worse, because when I started adding camo patterns, the mix kept sputtering and spitting, regardless of the air pressure settings. I switched from my Badger Krome to the Iwata Eclipse (with a .5 tip) and still the paint fought me. I even had to field strip and clean BOTH air brushes in the midst of all this! It took me the better part of five HOURS to even get it close to acceptable. :blink When I shot photos, it looked HORRIBLE! :pinch: :S So I took a break for a week and reshot all the colors with Tamiya. It's not a perfect paint job, by any means, but going forward with it as I am not going to finish if I don't. Here's the mess.

ha891606.JPG

h444c086.JPG

h2a29981.JPG

Hoping to get markings on today, wish me luck! I should note, I've used many AK Interactive paints with great results, I have no idea what is wrong with these, but this set is JUNK! Thanks for coming by.

Do all the Late JP's have the gun cleaning rod tube on the back?
Sehr Kuhl!!
:salute
I like it!

Well Mike . Mess or not , I really like this paint job .

Something about it just seems to point out end of war , last of supplies and got to get it out the door . :soldier

Better luck next round. Cheers, Christian B)

Here's the mess.

ha891606.JPG

h444c086.JPG

h2a29981.JPG

Hoping to get markings on today, wish me luck! I should note, I've used many AK Interactive paints with great results, I have no idea what is wrong with these, but this set is JUNK! Thanks for coming by.

Maybe you weren't holding your mouth right? ;)

Hey, if that is what you call JUNK, I'd feel good to paint with such skill as to have that and be able to call it junk...looks fine to me! (y)

Back