• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Revell EA-6A Prowler...

Hi Mike, That is a great looking plane, that splash of red is a nice touch (y) (y)

I've been looking at some modern plane kits but those huge decal sheets scare me :S :S

Randy

Greetings Mike;

....... Nice work, looks good.......... :D

I reckon now I have seen everything..... an EA-6/A with early WW_II
markings ............ (y) ...,

Mike

I'm with you Randy! Won't ever build the Tomcat or Hornet or helo versions of the decals schemes, but if anyone was to take them off of me, there'd be one less scheme to have to figure out ;)

Mike-- No kidding brother-- when Saul first posted these, I knew I had to give it a go!

All decals have been added...need to work a few of them in more- and then all the fiddly bits, but there is light at the end of the tunnel ;)
013.jpg

014.jpg

Calling this one done...getting the canopy tinted caused me fits...but this is a reasonable approximation...as I've said, jets aren't usually my thing, but this one was screaming to be done...
004%7E8.jpg

003%7E11.jpg

002%7E9.jpg

Gonna take a little break from aircraft for a while after this one and the Lanc...need to focus on my Verlinden figure and work on a new armor piece...

Thanks guys!! Yeah...it was loads of fun trying the unknown...breaks me out of my comfort zone...and since I don't know much about it, I can plead ignorance when I mess up!! J/K

Back