• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Hurricane MK II?

As promised yesterday , we have some light fixtures .

First up are position lights

lights_004a.jpg

and some home grown landing light lenses . The 5 minute epoxy taking 12 hours to dry due to rainy conditions.

lights_001a.jpg

and with the Hasegawa clear covers . For some reason those fit nearly as well as a football in a square hole. :(

lights_003a.jpg

Tonight, we'll glue some assemblies . Comments welcome .

Cheers, Christian

Thanks Dave. Feels good ! Guess I should have added " gluing tonight if the cat will allow me " :fencing

Cheers, Christian B)

Its always worrying when you lose the drive to build but its always a great relief when it comes back to ;)
Great subject to pick back up . go for it :)

You probably already know Chris, but a nice alternative to the epoxy is a clear coloured tooth brush. Like the framework in the wing leading edge. That little detail really shows through. Nicely done.
James

Thanks for the kind words guys. Always appreciated ! :)

James, you'll have to tell me more about the toothbrush/light lens but I think my wife will be upset when it comes up missing :laugh:

One thing I like about this method is that I can make any size needed

Cheers, Christian B)

Good evening ladies and gents . Having received a replacement kit from Aires where all the kit parts fit together got this kit back on track.

I got my highly technical jig out so as to get everything lined up and square , so here we go.

The wings are on and any gaps were sealed. Believe me, the wing installation was not a piece of cake. Things had to be trimmed and forced into place.
All in all, I got it to an acceptable fit. The only trouble spot left is where the lower trailing edge of the wing meet the rear fuselage. The ribbing in the material do not have an equal spacing.

I will try to BS. my way through it when I shoot some paint. :fencing

lizzard_009.JPG

The replacement flight control still had to be carefully to fit together. After I shot primmer I discovered the the leading edges of the balance horns were blunt instead of tapered. So, some sanpaper adjustments took place.
I drilled some hole and installed some torque tubes . Voilas, they are ready to instal.

updates_001a.jpg

Comments are still welcome . Hope to get it primed tomorrow. Cheers, Christian B)

Good evening ladies and gents . Having received a replacement kit from Aires where all the kit parts fit together got this kit back on track.

I got my highly technical jig out so as to get everything lined up and square , so here we go.

The wings are on and any gaps were sealed. Believe me, the wing installation was not a piece of cake. Things had to be trimmed and forced into place.
All in all, I got it to an acceptable fit. The only trouble spot left is where the lower trailing edge of the wing meet the rear fuselage. The ribbing in the material do not have an equal spacing.

I will try to BS. my way through it when I shoot some paint. :fencing

lizzard_009.JPG

The replacement flight control still had to be carefully to fit together. After I shot primmer I discovered the the leading edges of the balance horns were blunt instead of tapered. So, some sanpaper adjustments took place.
I drilled some hole and installed some torque tubes . Voilas, they are ready to instal.

updates_001a.jpg

Comments are still welcome . Hope to get it primed tomorrow. Cheers, Christian B)

That ain't no BS, looks good Chris!

You should probably take a look at the bottom before making rash statements. :laugh: I could not even get everything right with the Dremmel :stinker That's saying quite a bit.

But hey, thanks for your confidence :)

Cheers, Christian B)

and for this evenings update. I added several small things to try and get the ahurri to the paint shop

ready_001a.jpg

First is the gun sight which is not that clear. Next is the coamimg around the dash board.

ready_002a.jpg

next is the Aboukirk filter, some drain lines on the port side and a steel site on the engine cover

tail_001a.jpg

Next are all the tail surfaces and their control cables.

That's all for tonight. Comments are welcome. Cheers, Christian B)

Back