• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Hurricane MK II?

Looking Great Christian.

Beware of that Aussy bloke Phil. He sent me an 1/48 Hasa Hurricane for Xmass just so he can laugh at my atempt to build it :D

Have no fear Dave he can laugh at mine first. Maybe it'll take some of the pressure off of you :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

while waiting for parts to arrive from various around the world I decided to attempt to make the ejector pin marks disappear in the wheel wells . Seems like they could have reversed this mold and placed the ejectors on the other side.

Hawker_s_many_002b.jpg

Very difficult to do. I'm not thrilled with the results but it's all the effort I'm putting into this.
More latter .

Meanwhile the 40 MM gun pods have arrived. I could not find a better source than the old Monogram Hurri, so bear with me.

Hawker_s_many_006b.jpg

Needless to say the barrels are not great. ( neither is my picture ) Sorry...

I set out to cut and drill the parts I could not fix.

Hawker_s_many_007a%7E0.jpg

After drilling the flash suppressors till they fell off I installed them on brass tubing which made them appear round.

Hawker_s_many_008a.jpg

Next , drill out the large part of the cannon and insert the brass tube .

Hawker_s_many_006a%7E0.jpg

And then some paint and graphite . Both guns are modified and one has been finished.

More parts came in , but of course not the one that are needed the most. It's on the junk from Honk
Kong. It'll be here as soon as I clear the bench :sick: Of course.

Hawker_s_many_010a.jpg

Hawker_s_many_011a.jpg

The tropical air filter and the beautifully cast exhaust from Ultracast.
Cheers, Christian B) Mo to come...

I can't say as I have. Interesting idea if you can get to it to sand it . In this case , there is no room to work .
In order to not remove other detail while sanding I had to make a sanding stick the width of the ejector hole and it had to be held at an angle of about 15 degrees.
I see why there is a need for the after market wheel well....another $ 10 plush shipping ! :vmad

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi Chris. Just saw this at Sprue Brothers. Thought it might be of interest.
http://store.spruebrothers.com/148-rob-taurus-canopy---hurricane-has-kit-48001-p30541.aspx
James

Oooooh, great find James . For that price I won't even make one. It's on the way . I'm sure it'll be installed before I get up in the AM ! Thanks James :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Well MP, this one's just for your eyes. As much as I bad mouth Eduards PE this is evidence that their pieces can be soldered together (crooked as they may be ) .

wings_for_the_Hurri_002A.jpg

While still waiting on the Chinese junk to bring my parts I played with the radiator. A bit of piano wire for the front brace.

wings_for_the_Hurri_003A.jpg

After looking in the exit I decided that it needed the obvious braces and the mechanism to work the radiator exhaust door.

wings_for_the_Hurri_004A.jpg

and then ! dry brushed a bit of color in the wheel wells .

wings_for_the_Hurri_005A.jpg

Well, I'm afraid that's all for today.

Cheers, Christian B)

Well MP, this one's just for your eyes. As much as I bad mouth Eduards PE this is evidence that their pieces can be soldered together (crooked as they may be ) .

wings_for_the_Hurri_002A.jpg

While still waiting on the Chinese junk to bring my parts I played with the radiator. A bit of piano wire for the front brace.

wings_for_the_Hurri_003A.jpg

After looking in the exit I decided that it needed the obvious braces and the mechanism to work the radiator exhaust door.

wings_for_the_Hurri_004A.jpg

and then ! dry brushed a bit of color in the wheel wells .

wings_for_the_Hurri_005A.jpg

Well, I'm afraid that's all for today.

Cheers, Christian B)

Yeah but they don't make it easy do they?

Great work Chris!

:popcorn

Thanks guys. Just thought I would share this... :pilot

Best Internet service in the world.

Spruce_Bro_099a.jpg

Canopy has arrived already .

Still waiting for the Chinese Junk to dock. :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

There was one day that I hit the confirm order button at Sprue Brothers and the door bell rang! :laugh: Naw, that couldn't be them, could it? :rotf They are about the best around!! (y)

Back