• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 AccMin ILYUSHIN IL2-M3 Stormovik

Your plane is shaping up very nicely .... there Ed .... But that AB is a bit crooked .... looks like it may have been hit with a Hammer .....

Here's some pics fer y'all :drinks

hdc83606.JPG

h8e6772f.JPG

h63fec39.JPG

h3a4b587.JPG

This last pic shows the gunner's sling and, gun mount which I forgot to install before installing the pit.

Thanks Fellas! (y) This is ready ta paint. Just very little left to do on her... needta future the canopies, mask them & figger out howta prop her up when the time comes :hmmm

Ok, got it figgered out how ta prop dis up when it's time ta paint... gonna run a wire thru the hole for the horizontal stabs... Now ta git my a/b workin' & a M.O. off ta the paint man... :hmmm

Got the canopies coated with Future so, a day or so of drying & maybe I'll start masking this baby off :hmmm :eek:hyeah

Dang AB ..... There's always a PB ......... :rotf :geek :yipee

Things have changed up today so, I'm home & decided to pull the a/bs down but, since my back is hurting I'm not doing too much today.
Here's the Badger 175 that's broke :sick:

h894ec21.JPG

h9524ec6.JPG

hfeb5ecd.JPG

I just found out the part is $$9.50 thru Badger (part#41-016) Needle tube.

I swapped out parts with my other 175 but have yetto give it a shot :idonno May do that later. along with tear down of my 200...

Last night & today have been enlightening for me.... A/B problem is resolved. Somebody is sending me another Badger that's been collecting dust and, another old friend has offered to cover cost of shipping this one to Badgerbut, I need to figger out what that'll cost tho :hmmm I think that'll just wait a bit longer for now...

But, soon, I'll be back on this build :dance :geek :eek:hyeah :drinks

Anybody have any exp. with the Badger Hybrid 3155? Just curious....

Just a little.... :coolio

Nothing wrong with it, it's a suction feed A/B, more stuff to clean up and swapping colors is a bit more of a chore. You can get a good tight line with it. It's basically the same as a 155 but with a more fine needle. IIRC, problem I had was the pattern was too tight, doing large areas was a chore. Small scale stuff should be no problem.

Just a little.... :coolio

Nothing wrong with it, it's a suction feed A/B, more stuff to clean up and swapping colors is a bit more of a chore. You can get a good tight line with it. It's basically the same as a 155 but with a more fine needle. IIRC, problem I had was the pattern was too tight, doing large areas was a chore. Small scale stuff should be no problem.

Ok, thanks Bob, I thot it was another bottom feeder. I'm use to them... Neva used a 155. Just the 175 & 200NH and of corse the cheapo 360 copy from Harbor Freight.
You say the a good tight line with it. I gess that means the spray pattern is real fine? A good "close-in" brush? Hmmm, will be fun figgerin' that one out :evil:

Back