• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 AccMin ILYUSHIN IL2-M3 Stormovik

Hippy Ed

Thanks To SA Dave for twistin' me arm up between da shoulderblades, I formally toss me hat into da ring

hdccad48_2015-03-02.JPG

h649bb4f_2015-03-02.JPG

h66731fd_2015-03-02.JPG

hb09871e_2015-03-02.JPG

Twist twist twist Oh wait I can stop now :evil:

Ok thanks Dave, my lawyer will be in touch... :S
Pulled the instructions out last night just to see what paints I need fer this build & yup, I needta git some paints :bang head Seems they aint the same on da Mig-3 I did not too long ago :tomato

Twist twist twist Oh wait I can stop now :evil:

Careful of that one Ed. He's pretty Wiley. :bat :bat :bat

And just so you know, SA stands for Styrene Addict, not South African. :woohoo:

Looking forward to your build! :popcorn

Thanks! I'm well aware of what "SA" means. Been dealin' wit him on another board or two...

This is gonna be a fun build, I've been researching the kit & of course, the aircraft itself... Now I just haveta wait for some paints to come my way...

Well, not much of an update this time, I did get an order in for some paints so, just waiting on them to come in... So, in da meantime, I is fondlin' this baby :blink :geek N I see some flash, ejector pin marks dat need some attention whilst I await da paints ta come in... :drunk

COME ON PAINTS!!!

I know Right!?! :frantic Hard to get this thing off the ground without 'em!! :tomato Not to mention, my build time is limited these days... :huh: Seems that I'm babysitting my grand-nephew 4 days a week while my niece goes to work. He's 15 months old & tends to grab things off tables, shelves, etc Bench is safe tho, it's in the bedroom door closed & Psycho on guard (y) :evil:

Sitting here conducting research on this build and, have some questions & hopefully y'all got an answer... :idonno The instructions call for flat Black I.P. yet, I see others have done the I.P. in a lt. gray. Very few cockpit shots are in color other than of builds. and real pit pics are few & far between that are not out of a restored bird.
THanks for any advice. I've been to the VVS site? and not much there

Sitting here conducting research on this build and, have some questions & hopefully y'all got an answer... :idonno The instructions call for flat Black I.P. yet, I see others have done the I.P. in a lt. gray. Very few cockpit shots are in color other than of builds. and real pit pics are few & far between that are not out of a restored bird.
THanks for any advice. I've been to the VVS site? and not much there
These planes were produced in more than one factory at a stage where Russia had almost no control on paints used etc so either/or can be right.

Back