• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 AccMin ILYUSHIN IL2-M3 Stormovik

Seein' how I don't have the proper paints to do this correctly, & I can't quite break it down on the "Finishing step of the instructions" [being black & white] and the box top being an artist's rendition, I'll have to wing it as best I can.
Color call out is:
Earth Brown [Close to FS 30219]
Dark Green [close to FS 34102]
Dark Grey [close to FS 36081]

Well, I just finished spraying Testors Flat Brown on this beast :D Now it should dry fairly quickly since it's gonna git hot today So, may get the Dark Green sprayed tomorrow... :hmmm :beer

Pics are coming... just wait N see... :popcorn

I wont worry too much about the acuracy of the paints By all acounts neither was the russian producers in 42-44

hf10e98e.JPG

h7fc2756.JPG

h367e975.JPG

Here she be sporting a wet brown coat...

Thanks Bob. I'ma tryin' ta git 'er done in time :drinks Hopin' to spray on the Dark Green on her in a little bit. thinkin' OD Green should suffice...

Ok fellas, It's been a long day so, I snapped off a few pics to share just so y'all know I'ma workin' on this!! May try ta git on the decals tonite or, tomorrow. We'll see... had to take mom to Social Security in Sonora so, that took some time outta my day :bang head

hf2edb34.JPG

h21d1a1a.JPG

hd519565.JPG

h3b67e65.JPG

h1d7e878.JPG

Yeah, I know... :smack gotta work on the lighting :tomato

OK, Here's some betta pics...

h8c5362a_2015-07-28.JPG

h70ba389_2015-07-28.JPG

hdb9df84_2015-07-28.JPG

hebff101_2015-07-28.JPG

As ya know, my internet usually gets cut off around the 28th-29th of the month & I just realised it's the 28thso, could lose internet soon & this Campaign ends the 30th.
Hoping to get this done by then. Not too much left to do & I'll be busy with it the next couple days :eek:hyeah :beer

Ok, cleaned up the canopies, looks like I got some touch ups to do on them :facepalm got the 2 stars under the wings & been trying to figger out the danged landing gear... :unsure: ok, I gess it can wait till later :beer

WoW Ed I'm impressed this wingy thing is looking very good .... good luck ... I got set back on my build ... guess I've been in the dumps ... But everytime I go there I get a new Hat ... :soldier :pilot :soldier

Back