• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/350 NOT SS Minnow TLAR #724

Rhino

Super Moderator
Bob might be the biggest fan of the Gilligan's Island boat I know. I sent him a 1/700 version of the 4th boat. The movie prop with holes in it, lying on the beach. He wished for a 1/350 version, so I chose the first Minnow as a pattern. The one in the opening of the show, leaving the marina. There were 4 different boats that bore the Minnow name in the TV show.
20240717_124110.jpg20240717_124138.jpg20240717_124154.jpg20240717_124556.jpg
"NOT SS Minnow" because I cain't legally use the name "SS MINNOW" because of copyright laws. This model is 8 scale inches too long, and the kit cabin window frames are all vertical. OBVIOUSLY NOT the Minnow. 4 resin parts make up the 1/350 kit. Hull, aft cabin bulkhead, flying bridge and a wood swim platform. The main cabin is wide open for scale interior details. Windows could be carved/ground out to show off the cool cabin details YOU might add. I chose not to. Tamiya smoke over silver will work for me!
I was using the Tamiya airbrush I inherited from Don and I mixed too much flat white and accidentally painted Not SS Minnow parts. :bm:
20240717_130409.jpg20240717_133942.jpg20240717_133955.jpg20240717_124556.jpg
Any modeler can chose to angle the aft cabin winders. If you really wanna go nuts, angle both the window frames and grind .0228 inches off the boat to get her exactly the right LOA.
On this model an unsecured Danforth anchor is cast into the foredeck, so Not Gilligan can Not loose it overboard after Not tying the anchor line to it.
The kit will include a p/e ladder and wheel for the flying bridge. Other copper rod parts make up the exhaust, mast yardarm and flagstaff. A simple, fun. little boat model kit!
20240717_135656.jpg
See!? even the decals say clearly "Not SS MINNOW".

https://setjetters.com/blog/gilligansisland#:~:text=The fate of the SS,for a one-hour tour.
The real 4th SS MINNOW still swims. She lives in Vancouver, BC. The restored boat has an after swim platform. You can rent her for a 1 hour tour!

I promised I wouldn't bore you guys anymore with my nautical TLAR project posts.
I didn't say wouldn't make more boat/ship models. $25.00 includes shipping in the Continental United States for your very own 1/350 Not SS MINNOW kit!
Cheers! Aloha! 🦄💨:lol::Drinks:

And it can only be found at TLAR Models!

Caught the start of this movie today, maybe your next pleasure craft project?
1721260649598.png

I'm sure you know where this is from.

And it can only be found at TLAR Models!

Caught the start of this movie today, maybe your next pleasure craft project?
View attachment 171393

I'm sure you know where this is from.
In truth 1/350 SS NOT Minnow won't be listed on the website until after I finish the build, artwork and the instructions. OOPS!

Back