• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Tamiya P-51K/D

Love watching these Tamiya P-51's coming together. Every time I watch one 'in progress', I go look at mine and begin daydreaming... and the I look at my 'to do' pile and get real again !! - Paul, did you decide on which scheme you're doing yet ??

Ian

I was wanting to go with Cripes A'Mighty 3rd Ian but it sems as if everybody and their mother are doing that one so maybe I will continue on with Hurry Home Honey or Frenesi

Both excellent choices. I have 'Frenesi' to do in 1:48... Would be a real head-turner !!

Ian

Well quite a bit of the Fuselage and the engine compartment are done. I reeeelly love this kit. Did I mention how much I love this kit?
so far seams and gaps are nonexistent and the only issue I have is from a mistake I made assembling the engine and that caused it not to line up straight. Now the top frame strap didnt follow suit so it may have some sort of a fit issue there.

right and left front frame pieces here.

Not as many hoses and pipes as the Tamiya Spitfire kit but this time it ran fairly well for me in its assembly.

I also had time to put the tail plane together and it fit like a glove.

I am going to attempt the Hurry Home Honey (early) which was in the Dragon kit. I kept the decals and tossed the kit because the tail was short shot.

It does fit well doesn't it. You putting in the little magnets to make the panels removable?

Magnets? Removable?
this.gif

Maybe they don't have them on this kit. Had it on the first one. Should be little steel plates and assorted magnets to fit in strategic locations. Are the landing gear removable where you can swap it out for in flight or on the ground display?

Maybe they don't have them on this kit. Had it on the first one. Should be little steel plates and assorted magnets to fit in strategic locations. Are the landing gear removable where you can swap it out for in flight or on the ground display?

Yep I know what you are talking about, I had them on the two Spitfires I built. Truthfully I haven't seen anything about the panels yet except the lower one. I probably missed them after all, I did stuff it a couple of times already.

Wait a minute, I haven't gotten that far yet.

Got the wings assembled and installed plus I only displayed one gun bay and ammo belt, I figured that's good enough. All through out this build I have wondered what it is like to have your best and I think with the way this kit is going so far, I may find out in out a couple of weeks.

The wings went on pretty well with only a small gap in the fit but it still does fit like a glove. Really, Dollar signs are flashing past my eyes as I think of other Tamiya kits yet to build.

I even feel cocky enough to attempt another figure but this time with a bit more attention to detail and not rushing to get any thing done. I could use some pointer on this guy. I still have to get the paint stripped off and re applied and filler in.

Yeah you got me thinking of another one also Paul :pilot

Looks good, can't help you on the figure cause I suck at that. :zen

Really coming along nice Paul. It even made me go and peek at mine. Enjoying this build (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D
James

Looking good Paul. Can't help you on the figure either. Mine always look like something from the Walking Dead :rotf

Back