• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Hobby Boss F-84G

Paulw

I bought this a couple of three weeks ago here in Tilsa and I thought it would be a show stoper but from what I have as abilities that may bee a moot point.
I went throught the kit tonight and found some neat items in there as a set of nose weights, metal landing gear, Vynil tires and allo kinds of cold war ordnance.
IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

I havent seen any flash on this yet and the clear parts are double sealed in foam wrap and plastic. There are about eleventy eleven sprues and tons of parts to assemble. I have read some pretty good reviews on this kit so that was my deciding factor to build it and use it for the upcoming show in my area at the end of the month.
As for the scheme Ill do the USAF scheme oob. or I just may choose another and paint the different graphics. NMF wont be real shiny but fairly close and I hope it passes approval.

IMG_0446.jpg

I will try to keep on this one aqnd keep you up to date as how the build progress goe3s. I think this will be a fun build and I doubt that if you decide to get this you cant do badly.

No, this is a scheme... OK, I have a one track mind!
:rotf Just ask the wife!

F-84FThunderstreakGermanyDB110a.jpg

F-84FThunderstreakGermanyDB110b.jpg

F-84FThunderstreakGermanyDB110c.jpg

Regards,

:pilot I started this moring and only have just a small bit done. This kit has two different ejection seatsand thats supports the two different versions of plane to be built.

IMG_0447.jpg

I chose the one on the left as the instructions never gave me any indication as to which plane was which.
So far the nuild is gpoing very well. There is no flash what so ever in this entire kit and all the pieces fit really well. It took a while for the pit tobe assembled because I am not rushing anything and am striving for a competition piece.

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

And no Saul, there will be no smiles on this plane.

here are the pics of the almost ready for prime time players. Got it sanded as good as I could with out erasing all the detail in the kit. Ill put on the final coat of primer and the gloss black undercoat tomorrow.
IMG_0484-Copy.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0491-Copy.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

I hope you like the progress

Looking good. How do you like the kit overall? I have one in the stash so kind of curious now that you're at the paint stage.
James

Thanks you two. James the kit isnt too bad and the fit is onn par with Tamy and hase. its worth the effort.

I have decided not to go with the alclad, I am too heavy handed for that stuff yet so Ill just wait for another oppoortunity. Instead I chose the MM aluminum. After some smoothing down and a fine mist coat I found out just how smoothe the surface really wasn't. I color sanded and wiped it down again,remover some of my drips and runs and a couple of cat hairs "hod did they get in there?". I applied another coat and found it more like a pearl finish, not good on a F-84. The finish is a bit bright so Ill need to tone it down some to a more dull metal. Any way, here is where I am.
IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

any ideas on a more dull finish just shoot them my way.

well I got the gear on and the gear doors in place. the nose gear was especially flimsey as it is so thin and not all the metal parts orked together well so I mixed them a bit. shot some more color and will do the attention to detail stuff later this week just before the decals.
IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

I am calling this done even though it only has four decals on. That's from the high quality decals I got in this kit. all the rest just floated off the paper and went separate directions or when I got them on the plane they just tore to shreds. I am disappointed to say the least as this was to be my show piece. Well Ill just have to figure out something later I guess. Anyway, I am calling this done for now.
You can see where the decals are crazing
IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

Back