• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 HK Mosquito MkIV B

Paulw

I have been working on this for the past few weeks.

I started with the pit and the ip. There is not much to see in the pit but what you can appears to be fairly good. The kits decals settled in pretty good for the ip gauges and only required a small amount of decal set.

The seat has good surface detail but the pe belt are sort of hard to bend with out annealing. I chose not to do that because I usually wind up making a bigger problem than if I don't.

The feature that I really like is the way HKM molded the fuselage, flying and control surfaces. This way you don't have a nasty seam in those problem areas and where the halves come together it is in a location where there is a connection on the full scale bird.

the one piece wing

the pit just slides into the nose section of the fuselage and the multi part glazing went on with out too much fuss.

the gap here is my fault.

these parts just fit so well together I could hardly believe it.

You can see the wing assembly here in the instructions as well as how the wing is molded in the following pic.

I guess the most fiddly assembly was the landing gear I got some of the assembly out of sequence so when it came time to install the finders I had a challenge. Getting the nacelles and gear assembly attached to the wing took a little patience only because I got out of sequence. The end result.

It's about this time that Gomez decided he needed to help.

That's about it for now but as soon as I can get back into it I will have the engines on and hopefully the nacelles all closed up. I am choosing to do this to copy Kermit Weeks Mossie that is located in the EAA museum in Oshkosh, Wi.

Thanks for lookin in.

It looks splendid!
You have been busy.
Keep up the good work, and keep us posted!

Cheers,

Bill

It is coming along real well there Paul. Yeah, the out of sequence to the instructions gaps have bitten me too, don't worry about it cause it is still looking good! (y) (y)

Before I continue on I wanted to show the complexity of the main gear assembly. It is a fairly fiddly step.

Since my last posting I assembled the engines and installed them. They look OK but not quite as detailed as the Tamiya offerings in 32. The kit comes with two different styles of exhaust stacks and this one comes with the shroud as well. I am choosing to close them up and right now I am having a bit of a struggle at getting the side nacelle panels on. It is probably caused by an incorrect fit some where down the line.

The inner cooler screens are quite nice and they fit quite well.

The spinner back plate is a structural component in this build and holds the nacelle all together.

I sort of got ahead of myself again and dry fit the props and spinners. I may have to trim some components back a bit for a better fit.

No matter what the issues with this kit I think it has a very eye pleasing form and to me looks better than the Revell offering.

I am going to have to resist rushing this build along because I want to make durn sure I get things close to correct here so I am going to put this up for a couple of weeks while I work on another project that is supposed to be finished the first week in April.

I really appreciate you looking in and all the kind comments.

Cheers.

Back