• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Boeing F4B4

Paulw

Strike while the iron is hot so I thought I would do some rigging. Notice it isn't a Sword Fish but something a little more simple. When I picked this out of the stash I opened up the bags and started drilling holes in the wings and fuse to accommodate the bracing wires.I will be using .45mm plastic beading wire you can get at Walmart. This seems to be the closest diameter to scale as I can find plus it is the color,black.

Not too much in the box but I doubt it will be a simple build anyway.
Decals are a bit yellow so I think Ill order some from Yellow Wings or some place like that, maybe print my own.
002-15.jpg

004-9.jpg

005-7.jpg

003-13.jpg

No doubt, love some yellow wings, somethin' about those 'tween war color schemes.

Paul you going with the kit decals?

Make sure you get the Squadron, A/C and color codes correct, I'm sure you know but those colorful bands actually were used for identification of the AC.

Make sure you get the Squadron, A/C and color codes correct, I'm sure you know but those colorful bands actually were used for identification of the AC.
Sure will, I figured I would go with your favorites: pink over lavender. :geek :blink :laugh:

I built one of these a long time ago in Brazilian markings, I gave away my last copy last year. Now, I see that Vector has a detail set for it:

SprueBrothers carry them as well.

Here is a walkaround of an F-4B-3:
http://www.arcair.com/AWA1/201-300/walk269_F4B-3/walk269.htm

Regards,

Not much to look at but some dude tried to take off before I got the wings and things on...FSR all over.
002-16.jpg

Still Ill get it mostly done by next week

sure i built one of these years ago....could be my memory playing tricks. was it by some US company that went bust ? accurate miniatures maybe ??

I finally got some done on the wing. After I drilled the holes I doubled over a piece of 19 strand beading wire.
008-5.jpg
then I pulled it through and cemented it on the inside. This will allow me to pull it through the LG struts taut and not loose it while I cement it in place.
006-11.jpg

007-5.jpg

I then assembled the top wing and get it ready for paint.

Back