• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Boeing F4B4

sure i built one of these years ago....could be my memory playing tricks. was it by some US company that went bust ? accurate miniatures maybe ??

I think that would be correct Paddy. Honestly, I haven't been able to get one of those Accurate Miniature kits to cooperate yet.

Beading wire for riggin, well that'll take care of the slack lines I deal with. :pilot

Looking good Paul :coolio

I dont think that was An F4 B4 Paddy

http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Model_Aircraft/ACM00003413/product.php?pg=1&ppp=24&sb=stocknumber&so=a&sc=48&man=ACM

This is what I come up with from AM

Slow and steady wins the race. I test fit the upper wing on the cabane struts and the fit like a glove. The only difficulty I have is the rigging isn't perfectly straight or square but being that this is my first rigging job.
silver dope finish on the underside of the top wing. Back in the early years of Navy Aviation it was regulation that all flight surfaces that are covered in fabric be painted silver dope and all other surfaces be gray and that's excluding squadron colors.

002-17.jpg

003-14.jpg

004-10.jpg

I am going to shoot the fuse with some future and let it cure for a few days before I get going again.

Slow and steady wins the race. I test fit the upper wing on the cabane struts and the fit like a glove. The only difficulty I have is the rigging isn't perfectly straight or square but being that this is my first rigging job.
silver dope finish on the underside of the top wing. Back in the early years of Navy Aviation it was regulation that all flight surfaces that are covered in fabric be painted silver dope and all other surfaces be gray and that's excluding squadron colors.

002-17.jpg

003-14.jpg

004-10.jpg

I am going to shoot the fuse with some future and let it cure for a few days before I get going again.

excellent! :coolio

..... Greetings .............. :mpup

Nice, ..... I love the colors of the aircraft at that time period.

Be cool,

Mike

This is the latest installment. I finished the rigging, not bad for a first timer. Although there are some areas to fill and sand a bit the hardest part will be along the wing root and the struts where the rigging goes through.

Right now I am waiting for some decals to show up and then the engine goes on as well as the fiddly bits.

008-6.jpg

007-6.jpg

006-12.jpg

005-9.jpg

001-12.jpg

I know there are some crooked items on it but remember that this is my first rigging attempt and it is just that, an attempt. I wont be tackling a string bag any time soon. :gogo

Re: 1/32 Boeing F4B4 (All secured )

I got it done, woo hoo, and I like the way it came out. Only a few small issues to speak of but nothing major for my first attempt at rigging. I did learn some lessons and Ill be a little more willing to do rigging in the future. No Swordfish though.

Wendell, the pilot, didnt fir so I had to amputate his legs to get him in the pit. Decals are Yellow Wings courtesy of nsmekanic. Thanks Tim. I am kinda wanting to do some more like this for a Navy build.
013-4.jpg

009-4.jpg

006-13.jpg

005-11.jpg

001-13.jpg

I LOVE IT!

Pilot has that Smilin' Jack attitude on his face, nice subtle weathering coming out from under the cowl. Outstanding job Paul!

Back