• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 A-26B

Paulw

I have been chomping at the bit to start the Christmas gift that Paul gave me this Christmas past. I had noticed that the kit has a kind of modified dove tail joint for all of the bulkhead things, and there are quite a bit of interior to get installed even though you will barely see most of it. I used the Eduard zoom set for the pit and that is where I came into an issue that made me scratch my head. The kit is a B model and the Eduard set has you cut away half of the i.p. then I am thinking that this may be for a C model but I am not sure so I cut away part of the i.p. and put the rest of the stuff in the pit. This took me quite a while to get all the innards in and a couple of hours to get things lined up just to get the fuse to close up. There is filling on the fuse seam and that is as far as I got.
20210509_190636.jpg
20210509_190630.jpg
20210510_140447.jpg

I had only one set of belts that was 32 scale and that was some I took out of a Spitfire kit that I have. I just wanted to get something done this time so Ill see how it does in a couple of weeks.

Looking good, Paul. So far as I know only the On Mark and Viet Nam era B-26K/A-26A had the full width instrument panel. I am working on the Italeri 1/72 B-26K kit now.

Back