• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Zvezda GAZ-MM 1/35

Novorus

Here is something which will sit on a piece i'm making called 'where's the Boss! storch down'

The instruction look to be ok and clear enough ;)

At first look the spure look at, nothing to write home about and in some place quite abit of clean up required :tomato

With all the detailing you've been doing (as in miniature carpentry), let me know if you wish to add details and I can provides references. I usually overload people but that is so the modeler can decide what, if any, details to add and how far they want to go with it.

I have some of these older ZIS & GAZ truck kits and did not give them up when the superb MiniArt series began. Some good old fashioned elbow grease took care of many things since these vehicles really are simply and I simply replaced the tires with either resin or the separately available MiniArt wheel sets.

Regards,

With all the detailing you've been doing (as in miniature carpentry), let me know if you wish to add details and I can provides references. I usually overload people but that is so the modeler can decide what, if any, details to add and how far they want to go with it.

I have some of these older ZIS & GAZ truck kits and did not give them up when the superb MiniArt series began. Some good old fashioned elbow grease took care of many things since these vehicles really are simply and I simply replaced the tires with either resin or the separately available MiniArt wheel sets.

Regards,
c

I may just do that, really would like to have the back of the truck half covered, meaning I will have to scratch build the metal frame but can't find any reference pictures on it......

Got a few more picture to post to show its current state.

Just to be sure, are you asking to see the tarp hoops and how they are secured during use?

Also, note that the kit you're using is of the truck with simplifications built during 1943 while the diorama is set in 1942. The tarp hoop information is the same. Only the body work changed over time. We can proceed however you wish. Simplest would be changing the diorama date... ;)

Regards,

The fenders won't need changing only the doors (lack of wood meant the doors were replaced with insert). So no need to change the diorama date. I need to get some of these images scanned for you.

Regards,

Just to be sure, are you asking to see the tarp hoops and how they are secured during use?

Also, note that the kit you're using is of the truck with simplifications built during 1943 while the diorama is set in 1942. The tarp hoop information is the same. Only the body work changed over time. We can proceed however you wish. Simplest would be changing the diorama date... ;)

Regards,

O dam it, school boy moment. Dam I need to look at this more deeply as to what would need changing. :tomato :tomato :facepalm

Yes the tarp hoops is the info I was finding hard to see :frantic :frantic :frantic :frantic

The change to a late Model 1941 with the angular mud guards is in the doors
don't use them and and a triangular piece of wood instead... see here:

h85b7473.jpg

Regards,

Looking over several hundred photos, I see the issue. The GAZ-AA trucks had drop sides so they don't have channels for the tarp hoops. As for the GAZ-MM, they don't have drop sides but they don't have any hardware for the hoops as well.

h441a572.jpg

Regards,

Thanks Sharkmouth, the info is great and I can't believe I miss the big date on the box :tomato

Not sure how I will fit this in I may drop it but replacing it seems much easier at this point, I will finish this one thou been interesting to make using a few new ideas and ways of doing thing..... :drool

Or I could take artistic licence........ :bat :bat

Finally managed some time in the den, after a very busy birthday weekend..

o my god never had a set of wheels like these, what a pig to put toegther

well with just a few bits and pieces to go may just get the beast together not i will be able to finish the paint work all done today but so close. :soldier :soldier :pilot

Back