• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Yes we have some Banana

Well this week hasn't been a total loss, got in some paint time.

Banana006.jpg

Banana007.jpg

Banana008.jpg

See now that I missed some frames around the canopy...hate that. May have to try and do it by hand.

Oh man, that is SWEEEETTT!! Gotta love SEA camo! Damn that came out awesome! Way to go!

If your canopy was dipped in Future, go ahead and freehand the frames in that you missed. Any overpaint spilling out over the frame outline can be cleanly scraped off with the sharp end of a toothpick or a sharpened popsicle stick or Starbucks coffee stir stick. Easy peasy. That's how I do mine.

Hey, that's looking really nice Pup!! Camo is awesome and very "scale like" if ya know what I mean. Razor sharp canopy, 1/72 eh? Geez :notworthy

:popcorn

don't know Jeff, the demark is way to fuzzy, should have masked it with some silly putty or something. But it's good enough for me. Thanks! :mpup

Hi bob, I'm not normally a helicopter fan but this one is rather attractive . Good job so far. Is this large scale killing you ?

Cheers, Christian B)

that really looks great!

My MP, you in the man-cave? Just had the modern replacement, the CH-46, flyover the house! Must be practicing thier night navigation or something

Hi bob, I'm not normally a helicopter fan but this one is rather attractive . Good job so far. Is this large scale killing you ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Chris with that bubble canopy I know you could have done the cockpit much more justice than I did.

Bruce, wasnt' home when it flew over but I've had them rattle the house before.

Thanks Joe and Jeff :mpup

I think the fade in the paint is cool, and will go well towards weathering int he tropics - I guess this is what you were driving towards :mpup

Hey MOONIE ,

Cool lookin Banana ! Very cool lookin' Camo !!

With regards to th Vallejo drying on th tip .. - You may also want to try getting some Liquitex Slow Dri Blending Gel.

http://www.liquitex.com/slowdriblendinggel/

I keep it in a squeeze bottle. Now you are gonna want to mix it about 50/50 with some water, considering it's a gel. But I usually will put as many drops of this into a mix as drops of Vallejo Thinner or Water & it really helps ... a lot.

It's also a good idea to keep a #0 or #1 brush handy & some water . To dip th brush in & swab off th tip of th needle. That aughta set ya' straight !!

Lookin forward to seein more of this Top Banana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVbA9dDKqyU​

:erik

Erik I missed your post. I got some slow dry stuff, it's a thin liquid, could almost use it as a thinner I imagine.

Well I did get some progress in today.

Banana009.jpg

That white strip up top is mighty stark, need some dusting and weathering on it. Wash is in the future.

Back