• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Yes we have some Banana

Thanks Mark

Thanks Martin, yep, too late. I'm really doing this right out of the box. If they didn't put it in the kit it ain't getting on this model.

Since I don't do popcorn...

Bugs_Hammock.jpg

(y)

Cool Beans MP! Looks like a fun build and progressing nicely. Am I seeing some sort of "screen" type deal under the holes on the rear dorsal?

:popcorn

That screen is kit supplied. Of course it's one of those poly mess things that are resistant to all known forms of adhesive. Hope the stuff stays put till I get the finishing shots in.

They were screens for the air intake of the Curtis-Wright R-1820 engine.

Well this week hasn't been a total loss, got in some paint time.

Banana006.jpg

Banana007.jpg

Banana008.jpg

See now that I missed some frames around the canopy...hate that. May have to try and do it by hand.

Very very cool Bob. Why are you doing 2 shades of green or is there madness to you method I know not of?? Just curious because my wife just ordered my Bday present and it will SEA. So splane your self so I can copy :D
James

James, SEA was two shades green and one brown. OD, Medium Green and Dark Tan.

Mike this is actually a combination of Vallejo and Model Masters, the OD is MM, the others are Vallejo. Really have a hard time with the acrylics. Keeps drying on the tip, didn't help that my Renegade tip has split on me. Good thing for backups. Really wouldn't hurt my feelings if I went back to nothing but enamels. At least they spray when you them...

Okay I got cha. I recently tried the vallejo thinner in the vallejo air. In the instructions they say you dont need it, but it helps.By golly they are right. Even though its thinned for airbrush, I found the thinner stopped it from drying on the tip so fast. Cant wait to do a SEA scheme again.
James

Back