• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP SU-76 (Completed)Dec. 15th

Re: WIP SU-76 (continued)

The Russian Motto has always been:
Design it simple.
Build it as cheaply as possible.
Build lots of them.

Tony lee

Well I hope it is Christian. :idonno

The more I looked at the loops the more they just didn't look right to me. :hmmm
I cut them off and got out the copper wire,I feel better about it now. :D
100_1175.jpg

Put some green on the canvas cover to make it look smaller.

It's Friday and a new month. :eek:hmy:
Tony lee

:Hiay

The wife is working on a puzzle,nothing on TV,the dog got her bath so I sat down at the bench for awhile.

Tow cable made up and some scrape PE sprue was used for the exhaust pipe retaining clamp.
100_1176.jpg

I got out my Chopper and made a replacement door in case the kit piece didn't show up. Made the grooves for the padding using my gun stock checkering tools.
100_1178.jpg

That's it for today boys and girls :D
Tony lee

I like it ,TL...I like it a lot! (y)

Got a SU-76 from DRAGON in my stash,that I wun way back in the 1990's during a show.
Tempting,now that I am seeing your build!
Wished I had way more benchtime....

Greetings,Ron.

Believe me Ron the years will slip by faster than you think.
In a few days and a wake up you'll be sitting at your bench wondering where all that time went. :eek:hmy:

Thanks guys for taking the time to come by and for your compliments.
Tony lee :)

Looking good Tony. Really like the scratch door. Whats a gun stock checkering tool??
James

PS I have no idea where time has gone, I just know its slipping by faster and faster.

Time gets away SO fast these days, glad to see you're making the most of it, Tony! Great stuff, I always enjoy looking at all the bits and pieces! (y)

James the fancy diamond grip design on the areas where you hold a gun is called checkering and I used the tools you cut that with.

Thanks Buddy
Tony lee

Ahh okay. Sounds like an interesting cross use. Hey have you seen these btw (sorry dont mean to hijack the thread)

http://www.rzm.com/books/eh/eh2857.cfm

eh2857.jpg

http://www.rzm.com/books/eh/eh3069.cfm

eh3069.jpg

James

Take this thread to Havana!!! Hijacker! :laugh: Great stuff, James! Tony, this build has some really good stuff on it, I always find something that grabs me! (y)

Happy Sunday :Hiay
No I haven't James but i've got Vol 1 & 2 of Concords "Sturmartillerie at War" and they are a lot cheaper too. Thanks anyway.

Thanks Mike I hope these "grabs" tickle your "I can do that" thoughts. :v

This cold damp weather has the old joints wishing for spring again. :D
Tony lee

Hi Tony, Nice door (y) (y) That last photo is really cool. I see about 8 different colors and they all are working for me!!

Now you know my friend, that it's that sweet mug of yours that I love :D :D :D

Randy

Hey Y'all
Not a very big update but I did things that had to be done. :D
100_1179.jpg

Dang it's cold
Tony lee

Back