• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP Double Duty

I hate to see grown folks cry so i've got some paint to show you. :woohoo:
100_0567.jpg

100_0566.jpg

100_0565.jpg

100_0564.jpg

Good to see you dropped by.
Tony Lee :)

Thanks a lot folks. Not sure how to paint that interior detail so I just winged it. :laugh:

Thanks Again

Hi Everybody, well the worm is starting to turn around here finally and the temps are starting to go up to a reasonable painting level.
While waiting I got these out just to fill the time and Iron Mike told me I should fill you guys in on what i've been up too.

This T-28 was a gift and even though it's not an SPG I thought it was a neat looking machine and needed to be looked at.
100_0572.jpg

100_0574.jpg

As you can see I did a little more than look at it. :laugh:
I had read some pretty rough reviews and build logs about the ICM kit and from the looks of the sprue lay-out this kit is from the same molds but the plastic formula must be different. The dark green plastic from the ICM kit is brittle and prone to warp but the Alanger kit plastic is pliable and i've found NO warping of the hull shells. The turrets have been a very tight fit on their base rings but a half round file took care of that easy enough.

I picked these two kits up for a decent price. I don't know how accurate they are but they look close enough to me. I decided to do the Nippon Type 1 SPG first and being a Tamiya I did all this at one sitting,about six hours.
100_0575.jpg

100_0576.jpg

100_0577.jpg

100_0578.jpg

100_0579.jpg

I just did a dry fit of all the subs to take the pictures and when I get the suspension together i'll blow it apart and fill the knock-outs and a few joint seams.

I can't complain because i'm still kickin. :woohoo:

Hi Tony,

Nice kits you've got! You are a busy guy with all those builds going on! Although I like to build SPG's also, I would make an exception for the T-28 to, great looking kit!

O, if you ever come over to visit, remind me to hide my stash, just to prevent you from "looking" at it :laugh:

Cheers Erik

Boy these Tamiya kits are really a laid back construction job. :woohoo:
100_0581.jpg

Thanks for coming by the shop.

Good gods Toner
DO you mind 'looking' at a couple of M4s I need to have ready for a show?!
Some weird and wonderful (ok, they are all weird ;)) creations here. That Russian thingy with the 26 turrets is kind of cool...
Love your work on the exposed interiors.
I lost count of the featured vehicles in this thread.. You are indeed Henry Ford-like...
Brad

The US auto industry didn't put them out as fast as you do, Tony! Hell, if you had been running production, the war woulda been over in '44! Nice work! How's the Semovente? I was planning to build that one next, guess I'll find another victim.

Thanks Brad I very much appreciate that. :blush:

Mike you go right ahead and build it and the fit is perfect,great little kit. Most likely as soon as I get all the parts installed on these two i'll be setting them aside and start the finishing process where I left off on the others and it may be awhile before I get back to it anyway. :cheer:

Go for it

I got the Friul tracks made up and installed over the weekend. :woohoo:
100_0582.jpg

Taking care of business folks

Thanks Mike
I guess my childhood is over,I didn't get not a single colored egg or chocolate bunny. :(

Oh well we've all got to grow up sometime.

Back